General discussion

Lord of the Rings (LOTR) 1 Star Review Cover Up?

I thought this might deserve a quick mention. The LOTR Blue-Ray set is now on sell and I thought I might pick it up. I was suprised at the storm of comments on Amazon, and the possible removal of negitive posts.

Thoughts?

Check out http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Ray-beware-possible-corporate-progress/forum/Fx1EOI7341I7BXP/Tx326W3C6KCJ23C/1/ref=cm_cd_ef_rt_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000X9FLKM

and the original item page:
http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Theatrical-Editions/product-reviews/B000X9FLKM/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Lord of the Rings (LOTR) 1 Star Review Cover Up?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lord of the Rings (LOTR) 1 Star Review Cover Up?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
As of 4-6-10 there are over 2000 (1) star reviews

So this theory is pure paranoia. There seems to be a lot of that going around on the net.

But I still think its totally within Amazon's rights to remove reviews from from irate fanboys with an agenda. Commenting is not a right. Its a privilege. And on a site like Amazon that privilege can be taken away if its abused with no warning or explanation. 2000 plus 1 star reviews before the blu-ray was even released (today)? Fanboys please.

If people have a problem take it up with the publisher. If people REALLY want to send the message, don't buy the thing. Like they say, money talks, BS walks.

- Collapse -
From my brief look...

It appears that the reviews are hostility towards not including both the theatrical and extended versions in one package. In other words, people would have to pay separately for both. Plus, some think the transfer isn't good, but that would only be known by those who have seen it.

- Collapse -
If you want a more measured take n the blu-ray quality

CNET Forums

Forum Info