General discussion

Looking to upgrade graphics card, suggestions?

Hey, I've been using a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT for a while now, and for the games I play it just isn't cutting it.
I'll give you the basic specs of my PC:
Pentium dual core CPU E6300 @2.80GHz
P5QL PRO motherboard
8GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
My budget is about $300, but I'm willing to go over for a good card, I don't really know that much about PCs so any help is greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Looking to upgrade graphics card, suggestions?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking to upgrade graphics card, suggestions?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Good to go!
- Collapse -
Ah, great list

Thanks for that, really good collection of info there, I was thinking of getting the Radeon HD 5850, would that work with my current setup? and what about power supply is that going to be an issue?

- Collapse -
Let's try simple.

Look at your selected card for the power requirements. Now look at your PC's power supply. Does it have enough?

I don't know until I look but given how much most 9600 cards pulled in the past, most cards draw same or less unless you go with old cards like the 9800.
Bob

- Collapse -
Ah, ok

Alright thanks for that, I got a feeling it will be fine but I will check the power requirements in comparison to my supply just in case.

- Collapse -
(NT) Also make sure your PSU is sufficient to support the new GPU

CNET Forums

Forum Info