Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

Question

Looking for software which will track supplier inventory.

Oct 20, 2013 9:29AM PDT

Hi,

I run an online business and am looking to expand.

I mostly deal in importing and wholesaling, and am looking for software which will track the stock levels of my supplier, and mirror that in my own system, as well as tell my website whether my supplier has a product in stock or not preferably in or close to real time or a 24 hour rotation.

So on my website I sell product X, which I dropship from my supplier in Dijibouti. The ideal software will tell the website and my inventory control software whether or not my supplier currently has product X in stock.

Hopefully this makes sense. If anyone knows a better place to ask this that would also be great.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Answer
You need to talk to your supplier.
Oct 21, 2013 10:00PM PDT

They would know if they have some program that can access their inventory system. Again, you must ask them.
Bob

- Collapse -
I don't yet have a supplier chosen.
Oct 22, 2013 10:30AM PDT

I am only in the planning stage, and just wanted to know if software such as this existed. Thanks!

- Collapse -
Not all software has been written.
Oct 22, 2013 10:36AM PDT

But the most like folk to know if you can check their inventory via some app would be them.
bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I think available, but made by yourself
Feb 13, 2014 6:05PM PST

Actually you can get the software with your requirement but as per my view, if you have your personal requirement, the best way to make it yourself.