Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

looking for reliable webhosting!

Dec 21, 2005 12:23AM PST

i'm looking for a new webhost and am looking for advice/experience/recommendations. i'm looking for something around 500MB and want reliable and fast customer service. I've looked at A Small Orange, Active 24 among others.

anybody care to share? thanks!

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
another one
Dec 21, 2005 12:32AM PST

sorry to add-on, but ServerFly.com just caught my attention and i'm wondering if it really is as good as it seems...

- Collapse -
They have a great customer support!
Dec 27, 2005 3:10AM PST

I just looked into there service after reading your post. I had some questions and the customer service rep was very good and very patient with me. The rep spent almost an hour answering all my questions. The biggest plus with this service is you can host multiple domains under one account. They left a very good first impression on me. I hope this helps in your quest for hosting.

- Collapse -
Check out Site Build It
Dec 27, 2005 2:22PM PST

SBI comes with an awesome package. Not only does it host webpages. It has a system will helps you build a website to generate the most traffic. The have inherent search engine optimization techniques that guide you as you build. You can add blogs, newsletters, autoresponders, etc.

It's definitely a 'healthy' package. Check it out.
I used it to build my site http://www.yes-i-candle.com
My traffic increases weekly by just following the techniques that they provide.

Check it out...
LaToya

- Collapse -
Best suggestion
Dec 28, 2005 10:06AM PST

Tip #1: place useless post on cnet forum that mentions your lame website. nice plug. I almost fell for it.

- Collapse -
Gemstream.com
Dec 29, 2005 11:02PM PST

I use gemstream after trying 4-5 others, they are really great, almost no downtime and very accurate timely responses to every issue or question.

- Collapse -
FYI
Jan 7, 2006 1:17AM PST

It's called "business", kiddy. From the name I think it might have something to do with, oh, maybe, candles. If you aren't interested, don't click. People who have to work for a living are successful because they take advantage of opportunities. People who don't work for a living don't understand that.

- Collapse -
WorldCubeDomains.com
Jan 9, 2006 5:52AM PST

You might want to take a look at WorldCubeDomains.com

- Collapse -
Email reliability?
Jan 10, 2006 4:16AM PST

I'm shopping for a new hosting service because I was not receiving a large portion of emails with godaddy.com hosting. And these were emails from business colleagues on corporate exchange servers! Anyway, does anyone have serverfly.com service and can comment on this? I was checking out lunarpages.com but then saw several negative reviews about the same kind of "missing" email issues....any feedback is appreciated!

- Collapse -
dont bother if you want email
Nov 2, 2007 4:06AM PDT

I have a business account with them.
They are blacklisted on msn, hotmail, and yahoo, so you wont send to them, you can get some mail to hotmail by adding an spx record.

I subscribe to a lot of list-servers, which I only get SOME emails from.
It turns out. I found this out from the replies that quoted the original or responding posts.

Interestingly, I get no bounce messages from any of these.

There are other issues with them too, but I have expressed those in other threads.

I am getting out from lunar asap.

- Collapse -
Anyone know anything about InMotion Hosting?
Jan 27, 2006 3:37AM PST