General discussion

looking for reliable webhosting!

i'm looking for a new webhost and am looking for advice/experience/recommendations. i'm looking for something around 500MB and want reliable and fast customer service. I've looked at A Small Orange, Active 24 among others.

anybody care to share? thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: looking for reliable webhosting!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: looking for reliable webhosting!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
another one

sorry to add-on, but ServerFly.com just caught my attention and i'm wondering if it really is as good as it seems...

- Collapse -
They have a great customer support!

I just looked into there service after reading your post. I had some questions and the customer service rep was very good and very patient with me. The rep spent almost an hour answering all my questions. The biggest plus with this service is you can host multiple domains under one account. They left a very good first impression on me. I hope this helps in your quest for hosting.

- Collapse -
Check out Site Build It

SBI comes with an awesome package. Not only does it host webpages. It has a system will helps you build a website to generate the most traffic. The have inherent search engine optimization techniques that guide you as you build. You can add blogs, newsletters, autoresponders, etc.

It's definitely a 'healthy' package. Check it out.
I used it to build my site http://www.yes-i-candle.com
My traffic increases weekly by just following the techniques that they provide.

Check it out...
LaToya

- Collapse -
Best suggestion

Tip #1: place useless post on cnet forum that mentions your lame website. nice plug. I almost fell for it.

- Collapse -
Gemstream.com

I use gemstream after trying 4-5 others, they are really great, almost no downtime and very accurate timely responses to every issue or question.

- Collapse -
FYI

It's called "business", kiddy. From the name I think it might have something to do with, oh, maybe, candles. If you aren't interested, don't click. People who have to work for a living are successful because they take advantage of opportunities. People who don't work for a living don't understand that.

- Collapse -
WorldCubeDomains.com

You might want to take a look at WorldCubeDomains.com

- Collapse -
Email reliability?

I'm shopping for a new hosting service because I was not receiving a large portion of emails with godaddy.com hosting. And these were emails from business colleagues on corporate exchange servers! Anyway, does anyone have serverfly.com service and can comment on this? I was checking out lunarpages.com but then saw several negative reviews about the same kind of "missing" email issues....any feedback is appreciated!

- Collapse -
dont bother if you want email

I have a business account with them.
They are blacklisted on msn, hotmail, and yahoo, so you wont send to them, you can get some mail to hotmail by adding an spx record.

I subscribe to a lot of list-servers, which I only get SOME emails from.
It turns out. I found this out from the replies that quoted the original or responding posts.

Interestingly, I get no bounce messages from any of these.

There are other issues with them too, but I have expressed those in other threads.

I am getting out from lunar asap.

- Collapse -
Anyone know anything about InMotion Hosting?

CNET Forums

Forum Info