iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Looking for non-jailbreak alternative to intelliscreen

by godette1 / November 28, 2009 5:48 PM PST

hi everyone, i'm looking for an app that does the same thing that intelliscreen and status notifier do on my iphone lockscreen - but i don't want to jailbreak my iphone. i'm not a tech whiz so i'm terrified i'll do something horrible that will void all my warranties etc.

basically i want a palm pre homescreen - an app that will show upcoming appointments as well as missed calls and messages. Can anyone help? I've been trawling the net like mad but every app that does what I'm looking for requires a jailbreak.

Thanks so much for your help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Looking for non-jailbreak alternative to intelliscreen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Looking for non-jailbreak alternative to intelliscreen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
missed calls and messages
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 28, 2009 10:39 PM PST

are already displayed on the iPhone.

As for upcoming appointments, just set the appointment alarm and the iPhone will remind you.

Of course, this may not be what you are looking for

Collapse -
appointment alarm?
by godette1 / November 28, 2009 11:16 PM PST

thanks so much for your post...by appointment alarm do you mean the calendar alarm?

Collapse -
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 29, 2009 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: appointment alarm?

When you create a calendar event, appointment, you have the choice of specifying when the reminder will happen.

At the time you specified, the iPhone will make a noise and the appointment reminder will appear on the screen.

Collapse -
Calendar appointments
by godette1 / November 29, 2009 9:25 AM PST
In reply to: Yes,

Yes, I know about using iCal to schedule reminders, but what I'm looking for is for my appointments and status messages (missed calls etc) to display on my lockscreen so that I don't have to slide to unlock and then call up my calendar for the day. Thanks

Collapse -
I see,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 29, 2009 8:54 PM PST
In reply to: Calendar appointments

I do not know of an app that will do that for you, check out the app store.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?