General discussion

Looking For Good Camera For Extreme Close Up Pics

I do quite a bit of selling online and am looking for a good quality camera that takes exceptionally sharp, clear close ups. The camera I have now, which is a Kodak DC280, makes extreme closeups of items, such as jewelry, totally blurred. To the point that you cannot make out any of the details. I don't require alot of bells and whistles, but there is so much out there, I'm not sure what to choose. Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Looking For Good Camera For Extreme Close Up Pics
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking For Good Camera For Extreme Close Up Pics
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Close Up

If you are looking for lower cost - check out the Nikon 3200.

A better choice would be the Nikon 5400.

The best choice would be a SLR (single lens reflex) camera with a macro lens. That would set you back about $1,800

- Collapse -
I know it's not current, but my Nikon 4500 takes sharp shots

from less than an inch away when it's in macro mode. It does, however, sometimes have difficulty locking in when the object doesn't have a good hard edge to lock onto. Also, it's essential to be in macro mode.

I got it on eBay.

- Collapse -
Blurry closeups

Are you using a tripod? Are you using a fast enough shutter speed? Check your focus mode? I'm not too familiar with your older model camera. If you're using a tripod and a fast enough shutter speed and still get blurry shots, you need a camera with a more versatile zoom lens or perhaps even one that accepts macro/close-up lenses. I use a Nikon E8700. It can shoot very small subjects/details using the digital zoom. Look at the shot of a Ladybug. They're not great, but still acceptable. http://usera.imagecave.com/rodax/

CNET Forums

Forum Info