General discussion

Looking for gaming laptops with 4-5 hours of battery life

I was looking forward for an ASUS G73jh-A1 when I realized that it only has a 2 hour battery life.
So I am now looking for gaming laptops with 4-5 hours of battery life (standard use, I will not play games outside. Most of the time I will play games inside my room)
I expect an i5 or an i7 and a good graphic card, enough to play just cause 2 or assasins creed 2 in moderate settings in 30 above fps.
Display and weight is not really a matter to me. Probably 3-4 kgs and below is mostly appreciated. A 15" display and below is okay. Probably between 13" to 15".
I will use this laptop for some work outside the house, not a really long time, probably 4 hour tops.
Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Looking for gaming laptops with 4-5 hours of battery life
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for gaming laptops with 4-5 hours of battery life
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You'll PAY for that.
- Collapse -
fps?

So I expect that it can handle assassins creed 2 in moderate settings for 30 fps above? How about crysis and gtaIV? Will it be laggy or not?
Because some reviews i read discouraged me, as that its graphic card is not good enough...

The laptop is great so far as I have seen it. The only thing I am questioning is the graphic card.

- Collapse -
For FPS

You'll have to find someone that has tested your app on that.

Remember that gamers are always unhappy with laptops. If its not the performance it's the heat. If not heat it's the reduced lifespan of the products.

What to do other than let the gamers learn the lessons first hand? That is, all this has been explained far too often for me to repeat.
Bob

- Collapse -
Gaming Laptops

CNET Forums

Forum Info