Question

Looking for CNet reviews of Tech support

I'm looking for any reviews on Cnet for best technical support - for laptops or desktops. I thought the web site would have some, but I can' find it. Does anyone know where I should find these?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Looking for CNet reviews of Tech support
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for CNet reviews of Tech support
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Good question.

The problem as I see it is that you get what you pay for. Microsoft is actually pretty good if you pay for the support. And for the most part, hardware support is pretty good from the makers.

But here's a big issue. I see companies with a haphazard collection of gear and on/off again IT staff.

The result is something no one can support.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Are you looking for this to buy a computer?

I thinking if your buying a computer you should look at what is the best made computer and the support. Ultimately as an owner you don't want to ever use support because you don't want your system to break. Plus if a company is rated high with technical support is a general rating and you could get a support rep that having a bad day. Even the best companies for technical support have some bad some bad moments.

CNET Forums