Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

Question

Looking for classified software with payment option

Oct 17, 2013 3:56AM PDT

Hi folks,
I want to put together a website for classified listings, and will take payment for goods advertised. Payment will be made to me, held in escrow, and dispersed to sellers after the goods/services are provided.

If need be, I can keep track and disperse the money on my own separate from the web software (not preferable). But the software should at least handle taking payments from the buyer, tracking what the payment is for, and notifying the seller and removing the listing at the time of payment.

Does anyone know of some software that can get me pretty close with minimal customization?

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
So you get your staff, etc. together and use this search.
Oct 17, 2013 4:07AM PDT
- Collapse -
looking for software that takes payment from buyer
Oct 17, 2013 5:01AM PDT

Right. So I'm normally pretty good at finding what I want through Google. But in this case, as exampled by the search terms you linked, it seems pretty much all the classified software I can find takes payment from the seller for listing, but doesn't have an option to take payment from the buyer. There's LOTS of classified software out there, and I know how to easily put together a classified site. The part I'm having trouble with is finding software that also takes payment from the buyer.

- Collapse -
And escrow.
Oct 17, 2013 10:14PM PDT
- Collapse -
Answer
classifieds script
Oct 17, 2013 10:04PM PDT

Please visit the WorksForWeb website and learn more about our classifieds software products. May be you are searching for our script Happy

http://www.worksforweb.com/

- Collapse -
Answer
Software suggestion to run a classifieds posting site.
Mar 13, 2014 5:24AM PDT

There are many PHP scripts out there you can get to make a Craigslist type of site. If you wanted to make something more like a Social Network that allowed people to also post classifieds (this is a more modern concept than c-list I think), then you could use something like the SoNET Web Engine [http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=SoNET_Web_Engine], It does all of the classified stuff and you can build the categories out really fast (type, drag, drop etc). Also its FREE to get and works on Windows, which is a lot less hassle that Linux. Anyway, hope this helps -emme

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) As this post is months old. Closing.
Mar 13, 2014 5:28AM PDT