Question

Looking for classified software with payment option

Hi folks,
I want to put together a website for classified listings, and will take payment for goods advertised. Payment will be made to me, held in escrow, and dispersed to sellers after the goods/services are provided.

If need be, I can keep track and disperse the money on my own separate from the web software (not preferable). But the software should at least handle taking payments from the buyer, tracking what the payment is for, and notifying the seller and removing the listing at the time of payment.

Does anyone know of some software that can get me pretty close with minimal customization?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Looking for classified software with payment option
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for classified software with payment option
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
So you get your staff, etc. together and use this search.
- Collapse -
looking for software that takes payment from buyer

Right. So I'm normally pretty good at finding what I want through Google. But in this case, as exampled by the search terms you linked, it seems pretty much all the classified software I can find takes payment from the seller for listing, but doesn't have an option to take payment from the buyer. There's LOTS of classified software out there, and I know how to easily put together a classified site. The part I'm having trouble with is finding software that also takes payment from the buyer.

- Collapse -
And escrow.
- Collapse -
Answer
classifieds script

Please visit the WorksForWeb website and learn more about our classifieds software products. May be you are searching for our script Happy

http://www.worksforweb.com/

- Collapse -
Answer
Software suggestion to run a classifieds posting site.

There are many PHP scripts out there you can get to make a Craigslist type of site. If you wanted to make something more like a Social Network that allowed people to also post classifieds (this is a more modern concept than c-list I think), then you could use something like the SoNET Web Engine [http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=SoNET_Web_Engine], It does all of the classified stuff and you can build the categories out really fast (type, drag, drop etc). Also its FREE to get and works on Windows, which is a lot less hassle that Linux. Anyway, hope this helps -emme

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) As this post is months old. Closing.

CNET Forums

Forum Info