as of now the only way to get all these things together is probably a Denon 4306 and that will not have a built in cd player.
1. Get a Denon receiver along with their optional Ipod port. The 1707 will give performance well above its price point. This will allow you to stream music and video through your theater system using the denon remote to control the ipod. (this does #1,6)
2.To easily stream audio and video from a puter try a D-Link Media Lounge. It hooks easily into a wireless network and allows you to stream anythong from your pc through your thater system. Also the media lounge has an easy access usb inout in the front of the unit (this is #3,4,5) As of now I know of no receivers that have built in memory card readers.
3.Either get a dedicated CD player, or simplky use your dvd player to play cd's.maybe something lie the Denon 1730 upconvert DVD player to go with your HD TV.
This is probably the best plan available to hit all 6 requests in a easy to use economical fashion.
Denon 1707 + Ipod dock= 560; Media Lounge= 200; Denon DVD1730= 170.
I'm clearly not an audiophile, that being said I don't need "the best". However, I want to know if there is a system that does the things I want. [MP3's below should also be read as WMV, ACC, etc file types]
I'm looking for a receiver with these features:
1. Tuner AM/FM/ (Satellite and HD are nice, but not required)
2. Built in CD player
3. Built in card reader (I want to be able to take a SD card with MP3's and play that directly.)
4. Built in USB jack. (I want to be able to attach a thumb drive with MP3's and play)
5. Ethernet jack. (I want to be able to connect it to my network and and play MP3's from my hard drive.)
6. Ipod connection.
The significant issue is that I want one box to do this, I don't want to have to connect a CD player to my receiver. I don't want to connect a Media Center to my receiver.
Perhaps there is a Media Center that has an AM/FM tuner built in? Even that probably wouldn't have an Ipod connection though. About the only thing I have seen that allows me to play CD/AM/FM and Ipod are boom boxes...and that's just not what I want to hook into a speaker system and have in my family room.