PC Applications forum

General discussion

Looking for a simple Q & A program??????

by tadam1080 / July 21, 2006 4:52 AM PDT

Hi,
Not sure if I'm in the right forum, had no where else to go. I am trying to find a very simple, free, test program. One where I can input questions and run it for trainees.
I've found ones that are up to 12Mb with online capability, etc. I just need a small simple one ( even DOS at this point) but cant seem to find it anywhere.
I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction, thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Looking for a simple Q & A program??????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Looking for a simple Q & A program??????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What's wrong with the program you mention?
by Kees Bakker / July 21, 2006 5:02 AM PDT

12 Mb is a minute download on broadband, and most PC's do have 40 Mb free hard disk space. You're not obliged to use all the features you don't need.

Not sure what you want, however.
- A test program. What do you want to test?
- What about the answers? Multiple choice with automatic calculation of the results? Free text answers, so you can have can have a personal read?
- Trainees will be used to Windows GUI. Not being able to use a mouse, not having buttons and radio boxes, no WISYWIG typing, all of that makes a DOS program rather unacceptable, I'd think.
- Same questions for everybody? Or random selection from a big database?

Kees

Collapse -
They are too complicated
by tadam1080 / July 21, 2006 5:22 AM PDT

OK, I have the Qedoc quiz maker and player. I registerd, got the registration number to use for free, etc. It is just too darn complicated for me to use, cant completely figure it out after reading the instructions. I used to have one years ago, thought is was on dos and it worked fine although it is a bit outdated.Iwas just looking for something a bit simpler.
I want to test technical knowledge taken from publications. Multiple choice answers are fine, fill in the blank is better, random questions are great.
I know the program I have includes all this, guess I'll haveto read the instructions betterand come back with any problems.

Collapse -
A note on DOS-programs
by Kees Bakker / July 22, 2006 7:47 AM PDT

I daresay that hardly anybody writes DOS-programs nowadays, and few people like to work with them.

That being said, if you happen to have one, it's not unlikely it will work with Windows XP (or, if necessary, Windows 98). So, if you had one "years ago" and still have it available on some backup (it's highly recommended to keep the install files of every program you use and like and don't want to lose), you could still use it. And if you know the name of the program, there's a chance it can still be downloaded somewhere.

Otherwise, keep searching with google and on the usual downloadsites. I don't know any such program myself, but it's possible some other member has a helpful suggestion.
But it might be best to bite the apple and continue with this Windows program, if it offers what you need, in principle.

Kees

Collapse -
Try EasyTrain
by ChuckT / July 23, 2006 8:04 AM PDT

I found a link to this program called 'EasyTrain ' on NoNags (a great website). Here is what was listed as a description:

EasyTrain is a highly customizable program for remembering and/or learning things. ET was programmed with the intention of creating a learning-aid that can handle various kinds of learning styles and combine them under an easy-to-use interface, allowing you to create your own lectures you need e.g. for school or for any other purpose. ET is freeware, that means, as long as you use it non-commercially, you have to pay absolutely nothing and you can pass it on to your friends. Hopefully, this decision will attract many ET-users and encourage them to exchange databases. ET is under continuous development. Send me your proposal and, if possible, I will include it in the next release. Multiple Choice tests with up to 9 answers Multiple field tests with up to 9 questions One-answer tests can also be done with multiple choice Multiple answers for one question Create your own databases and share them with other users Multilingual, so far English and German HTML-Export Various test-options Easy-to-use GUI Free for private users.

Available at: http://www.barthelmes.de/

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!