Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Looking for a reliable video converter

I need to convert the flv video to DVD so that I can burn it into the DVD disc. Is there any reliable free video converter?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Looking for a reliable video converter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Looking for a reliable video converter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
For years

In reply to: Looking for a reliable video converter

I used DVD FLICK.

Define "reliable." Let's say it worked for me for 2 years and you found a title that doesn't work. Would that make it unreliable?

Collapse -
DVD Flick is too slow

In reply to: For years

I tried to conver a about 60 minutes FLV to DVD. It has run overnight but still has not finished yet. Too slow.

Collapse -
(NT) How far is it?

In reply to: DVD Flick is too slow

Collapse -
It has been aborted, stuck in the Combine Audio.

In reply to: How far is it?

Too slow. It is not what I am looking for.

Collapse -
What you need to know.

In reply to: DVD Flick is too slow

Is there is nothing that is say, twice as fast. In fact I've seen stuff barely run 10% faster.

Sadly I found a few folk pay for other apps and learn this first hand. Hope this saves you time.

What speed machine is this?
Bob

Collapse -
DVD Flick may be only for the short video

In reply to: What you need to know.

I disable it because it was too slow. After running overnight, it was still in the combine audio stage. There was no error message. I did not know its speed because of no percentage of progress. It was still running but just too slow. So I canceled it. Then I try video edit software, Corel VideStudio. It took about 2 hours to complete converting. It proves the DVD Flick is not good to convert a long movie/video but may be for the short video such as on the YouTube.

Collapse -
What it proves

In reply to: DVD Flick may be only for the short video

Is that this video is not for use with DVD FLICK. I take it that one failure makes this unacceptable. I can write with assurance that you will find a video that Corel will fail on one day.

This is why I have more than one solution. For example I may transcode a video with SUPER VIDEO CONVERTER (see google) if DVD FLICK didn't deal with it alone.

Bob

Collapse -
Super Video Converter is not free but costs $29.95

In reply to: What it proves

Super Video Converter costs $29.95 and you do not know whether it is good or not. The question is about free video converter only.

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Super Video Converter is not free but costs $29.95

I checked again and SUPER is still free. You must have found an ad on the page for some other product.
Bob

Collapse -
SUPER is only free for a portion of the video

In reply to: Sorry.

The Super is only free for a portion of the video but you have to pay to convert a whole video. You had better to try it before post your finding.

Collapse -
Triple checked.

In reply to: SUPER is only free for a portion of the video

Super is still free for a full length conversion.

I downloaded it again just in case. The download link is far from obvious and your reply is not uncommon.

You had better try again to get the right download and not one of the not free things on their page.
Bob

Collapse -
Video converter

Collapse -
(NT) That site says it $29.95. That's not free.

In reply to: Video converter

Collapse -
(NT) "Free to download" Not free!

Collapse -
Any Video Converter is not free but costs $49.95.

Any Video Converter costs $49.95. This is for discussion of the free video converter only.

Collapse -
about free video converter

In reply to: Any Video Converter is not free but costs $49.95.

I should say most video converter has a free version and pro version. but for some, key functions are pretty stricted to the Pro, like Aneesoft Free Video Converter, and some are comparatively less limited. For example, Sothink Free Video Converter I used for a while. It has the same features as the Pro, only HD videos not included. Anyway, this is enough for me and its pro version is also way much cheaper than Any Video Converter ?

Collapse -
To grant904. Post deleted.

That link you provided.

My Firefox security Add-on WOT, (Web of Trust), flashed a big red warning image when I went to that page. This is what WOT says about that web site;
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/registry-cleaners.net

You may want to get that sorted, or it it is not your web site, let the web master know their site is rated as dangerous.

Mark

Collapse -
E.M.Total Video Converter

I suggest E.M.Total Video Converter,convert the flv video to DVD .

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.