Question

Looking for a new camera

I'm looking to upgrade my point and shoot camera to a DSLR. The things that are important to me in the new camera are:

1. high megapixels
2. something that is fast - high fps as well as good quality
3. good image stabilization
4. no more than $800

Basically I'm looking for a better camera to take photos of my 2 year old daughter. She is lightening fast therefore I need something that is equally fast.

Based on my criteria above, what recommendations to you have?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Looking for a new camera
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for a new camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
New Camera

Any DSLR camera will do the job.

For the best pictures, get down to the same level as the child.
That usually means, on the floor.

- Collapse -
New Camera....

I don't think you'll do better than to purchase a Nikon D3100 w/VR 18-55mm lens. You've got 14 mp, great Image quality, 3 fps burst shooting (should stop any child as far as action goes), and good ISO range, and, a lot less than $800! I think they're running around $649 - $699 now at most dealers. Make sure that you get the VR lens, as the stabilization is in the lens. You might even have enough to buy a longer telephoto zoom for outside shooting! I've got a friend who just got one and she is ecstatic about the camera! It's that good! Hope this helps!

CNET Forums