Question

Looking for a label printer - can someone suggest what

features to look for? Also are all-in-ones not good for label printing?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Looking for a label printer - can someone suggest what
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for a label printer - can someone suggest what
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Address or other labels?

You can find many on amazon so what do I own? The usual p-touch thing is nice. I had one to connect to a PC and found it just as easy to use the buttons on the labeler.
Bob

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Label maker

As Bob Proffitt said, the P-TOUCH units are a really good way to go. You can do labels with an all in one or a stand alone printer but I am still in favor of the P-TOUCH they are, in my opinion, easier to use and in the long run more cost effective, especially over an inkjet unit.

- Collapse -
Answer
Narrow it down

How many labels do you plan to print? This will greatly narrow down your selection. Further, the s/w yu use can be a great help as it can when using "label sheets" typical of any printer use will enhance where it prints if you say, half of the labels present. -OR- if you use a rool, again the s/w can replicate the output to your needs. While a P-type printer will do good, these are not intended for continuous usage but short output. Gain, you need to suit your needs to the printer is being used for. Also, using a P-type printer the paper rolls aren't cheap as well for any brand.

tada -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums