Resolved Question

Looking for a file management utility

I am looking for a file management utilty to download. I have about 300 folders of ebooks. In each folder there is the one ebook but in about 4 different formats. I only want to extract the PDF format from each folder. Its very time consuming to go to each folder and take out the PDF file. Does anyone know of a utility which will help me with that?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
mshroff has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Looking for a file management utility
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Looking for a file management utility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Re: file management
- Collapse -
(NT) Looking for a file management utility
- Collapse -
Just a thought from me

I noted this thread earlier this morning, (my time). Nearly 6 hours had passed by the time of your reply to Kees.

I could have done this task in that time, manually, using Windows Explorer.

Mark

- Collapse -
File management utility

How can u do this in Windows Explorer please? Always open to new ideas

Mona

- Collapse -
This is a problem

Windows Explorer is the Windows' own File Manager. It has been in every edition of Windows since Win 95, and understanding how to use it to manage your files is fundamental to file management in Windows.

I can't tell you how to use Windows Explorer. You will need to experiment. I can tell you that you can find it in Start > All programs > Accessories, but the rest is up to you.

I just used Google to search for How to use Windows Explorer and found a large number of hits, so there is always help available if you need it.

In answer to your question to Kees, a hint for you. Open that folder that has these 100 sub-folders. Goto Edit > Select all, then drag the selection to your new location.

I would practice first on some other non-essential folders and files, until you are confident about what you are doing.

Mark

- Collapse -
This is a problem

Thank you Mark, for taking the time to explain. I will research a bit more as u suggest and then experiment.

All the best. Grin

- Collapse -
Further to File Management

Kees, I wonder if u cld please help me further.

If I have a folder which has about 100 subfolders, and I want to move out all the subfolders out to another area without manually going in to all 100; is there a way to do that?

Any help will be much apprecaited

Mona

CNET Forums