Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Looking for a cheap video player...

by TechyDRGuy / November 20, 2007 6:33 AM PST

I have an old iPod Nano. I've been wanting a video player, but I don't want one that is too expensive since I'm probably going to just be watching videos on it. I was thinking about the Creative Zen V Plus, but are there any other players around it's price range that I should consider?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Looking for a cheap video player...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Looking for a cheap video player...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
try...
by Tainger / November 20, 2007 7:18 AM PST

try a cheap chinese knock off. those play videos and are very cheap with just drag and drop no software needed. or you could try the Meizu m6 which is very well priced and has god build quality

Collapse -
Re:Try...
by TechyDRGuy / November 20, 2007 9:41 AM PST
In reply to: try...

Well I'm not sure I really want to try a Chinese knock off. The Meizu seems nice.

Collapse -
if it's mainly for video
by JonTitor / November 20, 2007 11:00 AM PST

the Archos 405 is good for that
it only comes in 2GB for $140 but comes with an SDHC slot so its expandable

Collapse -
actually
by JonTitor / November 20, 2007 11:07 AM PST

a better idea might be the 404 camcorder instead of the 405
on Amazon they got it for $180. Its 30GB harddrive and even has a nice little camera built in for pics and video taking

If you want flash look also look at the Creative Zen and Sansa View

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!