I?d like to consolidate my ever growing collection of remotes.
I?ve looked at the
1. Logitech?s Harmony units (quite expensive),
2. GYRATION MEDIA CENTER REMOTE ($150),
3. and Snapstream?s The Firefly PC Remote ($50).
The Harmony?s USB upgrade/configuration features are very appealing..
However, if I understand correctly, it seems I need the Harmony for my Audio/Video gears and the Firfly for PC.
Three questions about the Harmony. (The Logitech home page doesn?t have many details on the Harmonies)
1. Is the Harmony unit can also function as the GYRATION or Firefly?
2. Is the Harmony unit learning capable?
If so, it kind of takes care of the first question, I guess, because the Harmony can be simply learned as the GYRATION or Firefly.
3. Could you educate me on Microsoft Media Center compatible remotes?
4. Any recommended alternatives?
Philips Protons(?) seems have a rather large LCD, simpler keypad arrangements, and also PC configuable, but the box dose not say anything about connection type(USB?, parallel?)
Pint-size luxury and funky style
Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.