Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

logitech cordless desktop wave keyboard and mouse

there is a mini receiver with usb cable ATTACHED..the instructions
say put the usb cable into the receiver??? But, if you do that, what goes into the computer? there is no other usb cable or device..I am totally lost on this..if I plug the usb into the tower, why is there the usb slot on the little receiver...???? HELP

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: logitech cordless desktop wave keyboard and mouse
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: logitech cordless desktop wave keyboard and mouse
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have You Read the Manual Yet?

In reply to: logitech cordless desktop wave keyboard and mouse

See the link below:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/3072&cl=US,EN

Although I haven't used this particular combo, primarily, they're wireless devices.. The keyboard and mouse connect wirelessly to the receiver which usually is plugged into the computer USB port. . Both the keyboard and the mouse require batteries to enable their wireless systems to work and connect to the receiver. Sometimes, the USB extension cord is plugged from the computer into the receiver to allow it to be moved to a slightly different location on the computer, say on top, or put on a shelf nearby..

Once setup, you can sit across the room with the keyboard and mouse and they will make contact to the receiver and thus, to the computer.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
the thing is

In reply to: Have You Read the Manual Yet?

Collapse -
I own this model.

In reply to: the thing is

The receiver does plug in as you see in the picture. Then the picture does not show the full cable that you do plug into the PC.

Just wondering. Is it enough for us to tell you this? Or must you find it in the manual?
Bob

Collapse -
then maybe I am missing a piece

In reply to: I own this model.

I only have the mini receiver that is attached to that cable ..if I plug that cable into this receiver there is nothing to plug into the computer

Collapse -
And that's correct.

In reply to: then maybe I am missing a piece

So we have their extension cable in the pc with the receiver in the other end.

All done!

There is nothing else to do except PAIR UP the mouse and keyboard if the pairing was lost or put the batteries in. Just to be sure I re-read your posts and can't see what else you need to do.

-> But just in case, if you plug the other end of the cable into the place where the receiver would have gone, that's fine. This means you didn't want to use the cable at all? And since you have the receiver in your hand you could plug that into the PC?
Bob

Collapse -
Problem solved

In reply to: And that's correct.

There WAS a missing piece..the USB that goes into the mini receiver was not in the box...I knew I was doing it right but something was wrong..yhew...thank goodness

Collapse -
That receiver was however

In reply to: Problem solved

Shown in the picture you supplied. Sorry, I re-read your post and couldn't tell where you wrote you didn't have all the parts.

Collapse -
I did not know at first that I was missing a part

In reply to: That receiver was however

I took back to store they gave me new one..with ALL the parts..and it works great...LOVE it...thanks all

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!