General discussion

login windows appears , still in the username is an account

Hi,
This a custom machine with I3 cpu processor 3gb of ram, win xp pro spk3
when i got this computer who ever installed the OS added and account with administrator rights and the username is russ no password, ok such computer is for someone else so i created another account with administrator rights and a password so after that i logon into the computer with the new account and then i delete from user accounts in control panel the account for russ (cause was not needed).
Now each time i restart the machine in the logon screen username appears the username of the account i deleted, so this is annoying cause the new user has(to delete from the username textbox the old username and type her username, is there anything i can do to fix this ? Probably in the registry keys right ? if you can point me where in the Reg. Keys i have to go and delete i will really appreciate it.
Thanks A LOT

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: login windows appears , still in the username is an account
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: login windows appears , still in the username is an account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
well...

that is acutally a new situation to me, i personally have never seen this before unless this pc logged into a domain. have you considered reloading the OS? just backup the drivers with driver magician (i think thats the program) as a .exe, and install your OS back into the machine. think of the speed bonus you would gain even if the pc is somewhat clean Happy

Message was edited by: admin to remove signature link which is prohibited in these forums. Please use your CNET profile for such. Thanks!

- Collapse -
no Domain

Well, the computer will get connected to a workgroup network that is all. it does not make any sense to me what is going on, i don't even know how to google this issue !
thanks a lot

- Collapse -
Let's check and see if this was ever asked before?
- Collapse -
(NT) Let's see, i already found it, thanks a lot anyway cheers

CNET Forums

Forum Info