Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

logging help required

I have windows installed in my desktop. I have heard that there is a way to find out if other people has logged on to your computer in your absence by checking the log. Can anyone tell me how this is done. I am the administrator and my account is passwrord protected but it is known to two more people. my computer is not connected to LAN. Can anyone help me by telling, how you check the log???????

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: logging help required
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: logging help required
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There's no such log.

In reply to: logging help required

You might be able to make one yourself (a simple program running at startup appending something to a logfile of your choice) but if you can make it anybody else logging in with your account can undo it.

Why not change the password?

Kees

Collapse -
thnx

In reply to: There's no such log.

can you tell me how to make this programme and how to run it

Collapse -
You could try the Event Viewer.

Start > Run, type in eventvwr.msc, click OK.

In the new window, if you select the System option on the left, you can check down the list for details of times the computer was booted up. But this is limited and will not tell you who, or what they did.

I assume as you have allowed two other people to know your passwords they have free access to your computer and that is by your choice.

I agree with Kees. Why not change the password?

Mark

Collapse -
Make them users of your machine?

Make them ordinary users and then change your password.

Collapse -
(NT) thnx kees and mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.