Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

by Cindi Haynes / March 21, 2006 10:51 PM PST

I was about to use the "email this member" feature, but it directed me to a login page (I was already logged in) and more pages after that to extract personal info from me, and filling the info in would automatically sign me up for the newsletter.

I've given CNet all the info I want to, and I also don't want the hassle of trying to UNDO the newsletter stuff. Been there, done that.

Isn't being logged in good enough??

Cindi

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Log In AGAIN to email member?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Log In AGAIN to email member?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Cindi
by Ray Harinec / March 22, 2006 1:53 AM PST

that happened to me a number of times about two or three weeks ago, but hadn't happened lately. Just tried yours and it immediately brought up the correct screen.

Hope that it doesn't interfere with your new work. Of course, being a Packer fan and not knowing what Favre will do can take its toll. LOL

Collapse -
ROFL
by Cindi Haynes / March 22, 2006 4:55 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Cindi

Thanks, Ray.

I found another way to contact the member, I just thought it was a lotta hoops to jump through to contact someone!

I dunno what Favre will do, but we've got Henderson, anyway, he's my favorite. Happy

God bless,
Cindi

Collapse -
i guess i'm still doing something wrong
by jonah jones / March 22, 2006 5:08 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Cindi

if i click on your profile, and then 'email this member' i get the email page from MY profile (send myself an email :-()

jonah

Collapse -
Doing something wrong?
by taboma / March 22, 2006 3:30 PM PST

NOT! Jonah, you just want to talk to yourself since last week when it showed up before. This is not the first time for you.
Just the wrong HTML coding issue again.
Cindi, can you sent Jonah email?
I am going to try this out also. I hate talking to myself!
Well, here goes?

Collapse -
Something wrong?
by taboma / March 22, 2006 4:06 PM PST
In reply to: Doing something wrong?

No email to myself. Just you I hope for us all. Maybe fixed,

-Kevin

Collapse -
Sent Cindi Email?
by taboma / March 22, 2006 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: Something wrong?

?from her profile. Seems OK for you both. Seems to be working.
Must have been a Mac Virus attack of some sort. Just kidding. :

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) it arrived, but the problem remains
by jonah jones / March 23, 2006 3:03 AM PST
In reply to: Something wrong?
Collapse -
I got Kevin's email
by Cindi Haynes / March 23, 2006 6:27 AM PST

But I've tried to email 3 different people and get that login screen again.

I give up.

Cindi

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!