General discussion

Locating Files Following Non-Destructive System Recovery

After trying to install XP SP2, HP Pavilion a430n had severe problems. Performed non-destructive system recovery which was supposed to leave files & programs intact, but photo files cannot be accessed. Help from HP suggested the following

ISSUE:
When a user creates multiple accounts and saves information onto each account, the information is stored under that account name. If a non-destructive system recovery is then run on the system, the customer cannot access the necessary files of the account, although the files are stored in each account.

SOLUTION:
In order to resolve this issue we need to change the security privileges of the folder to enable access to each of the folders. Follow these steps to gain access to the folders:

1. Restart computer in safe mode.
2. Log in as administrator.
3. Click Start and My Computer. Then, double-click the main hard drive ( CHappy and Documents and Settings.
4. Right-click the folder name of the user account and click Properties.
5. Click Security, click advanced, click owner.
6. Place a check mark in Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
7. Click Apply, click "Yes" to the security message, click OK and OK again.
8. Restart the computer and access will be granted to all folders of the user accounts.

After following all the instructions, I still cannot locate the files. Any additional help or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Locating Files Following Non-Destructive System Recovery
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Locating Files Following Non-Destructive System Recovery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Question...

The instructions provided by HP are how to take ownership of a file or folder, a solution to the 'access denied' error that can occur when you try to access files or folders under a different username (or a unusually modified one) than the one that created and/or had rights to it. Is the issue that you were receiving an 'access denied' error?

Based on how your question is worded, I'm guessing that's not the case, and that the HP rep misunderstood the problem. The way I'm reading it, it's not that you can't access the files but that they cannot be found. Is that correct? If so, my next question would be where were the photos stored? (In the My Pictures folder in the My Documents folder, in a folder on the desktop, or in another location?) Some locations, such as My Documents, are protected and left alone during a non-destructive system recovery, but others, such as the desktop, are usually fair game! (Note: That's also true for System Restore.) Also, while it said programs will be left in tact, that's not always correct...some programs will have to be reinstalled afterwards.

Basically, HP makes a generalization by stating that all files and programs will be left in tact, not noting the many exceptions very well, if at all. Thus, it's always wise to backup important data before performing any type of recovery, non-destructive or not.

Now, if you know the name of one of the files, you can try searching for it using Start->Search. Hopefully you'll find a match, showing you that all of your pictures are safe and in order. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. If the files cannot be found, you'll want to try file recovery software such as Active Undelete or directory Snoop. Note: The more you use4 the hard drive, the lesser the chance of recovery, as the data may be being overwritten.Thus, you should limit your activities and run such software ASAP.

Good luck.
John

- Collapse -
Thank you - this is so logical.

Everything you've said makes perfect sense. Yes, the files are in there somewhere and I need the recovery program to find them. Unfortunately, the computer is now going to the "blue screen of death" with the following error message:

*** STOP: 0x00000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The latest "help" from the HP tech support people is to perform a destructive recovery using the CD's I created when the computer was new. I am SO unhappy with SP2. I am trying hard to solve this problem and take the survivor mentality, but right now I am feeling like a victim of Microsoft and not for the first time.

Sorry - just whining.

Thank you for your assistance. You are absolutely correct that the problem does not lie with access.

Thank you,
Rondi Potts

- Collapse -
Are you sure of this STOP error?

Can you confirm it is 0x00000007F, (7 0's after the x)?

Or is it 0x0000007F, (6 0's after the x)?

If it is 6 zero's then this points to a hardware failure. Have a look at this site;
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

And scroll down to 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP for more information.

Mark

- Collapse -
Windows XP: Locating Files Following Non-Destructive System

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER PLEASE READ.......

Everyone seems to have an issue with this and I can see why.

AFTER THE NON-DESTRUCTIVE RECOVERY IS DONE AND YOU GET BACK UP AN GOING, WINDOWS CREATES A NEW USER ACCOUNT SO IF YOU GO TO MY COMPUTER,C DRIVE,DOCUMENTS&SETTINGS,USERS, YOUR OLD USER ACCOUNT WITH ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE HERE.

I AM SURPRISED THAT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW THIS LOL

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE

- Collapse -
Thanks, but

I didn't have a problem.

And after a few years, I guess the original poster has now solved their problem as well.

Mark

- Collapse -
Finding files after non destructive recovery

I did notice it was an old post bit thought if someone was looking for an answer that they may see it. I work foe HP SmartFriend and I get calls all the time with people looking for there files and being told by others they must be gone. When I searched online to see if there was an answer for people I was surprised that I could not find it anywhere.
I'll tell you one thing people are some happy when they find out there there, after being told they must be gone.

- Collapse -
Locking this old post.

It appears to be attracting spam now so this is cleaned and we lock this nearly 4 year old discussion.

CNET Forums

Forum Info