Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

load time is a SEO factor ?

load time is a SEO factor ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: load time is a SEO factor ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: load time is a SEO factor ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sleaze factor.

In reply to: load time is a SEO factor ?

Sleaze seems to abound in SEO postings. The lesson here is simple. Don't fall for SEO claims!

Collapse -
Yes Yes Yes!

Google is indexing and dealing with huge amount of data and does not to come to your site and find a lot of JavaScript, broken links, heavy pages and code that loops for no reason other then bad code. Remember to combine your js and CSS to external sheets as much as you can.
Upload your webmaster tool to your root and analyze your site in the Labs section and address issues under diagnostic.

Collapse -
Load time in SEO

In reply to: Yes Yes Yes!

Load time matters in SEO your website should be light and simple and clean code

Collapse -
SEO

In reply to: Load time in SEO

DOn't clog your homepage up with pointless text just to encourage the search engines. i think people get obsessed with SEO to the point where they forget the basic point of their page, which is to actually try and engage the viewer with something useful to them. Don't put too many images up, and forget flash - there is quite a lot fo research that shows Flash related homepages aren't liked by the search engines.

Collapse -
Effect Of Web hosting and Linkbuilding on Google Caffeine

In reply to: SEO

Webhosting would now play a very important role in SEO. The load time of site is directly proportional to the load time of your site. Along with web hosting, link building services that you hire for your website would also play a very important role. The quality of link popularity services that you opt for would defienetly effect your website's ranking.

Make sure that you go for Caffeine friendly link building services, I found more details of the same on this website.

http://www.buckdat.com/2010/01/google-caffeine-friendly-link-building.html

Collapse -
How to tell if my site is caffeine friendly

That's a good article you found there, but I'm not quite sure if my site http://www.lookingformylife.com is caffeine friendly. I'm hardly an expert in this area. Any resources to tell if it is?

Collapse -
Load time and seo

In reply to: Yes Yes Yes!

I have done a lot of research in the subject of load time and seo and I found out that the best you can do is try to lighten up the load on the pictures ( make photos less heavy ) with a good compression program. Our website uses a lot of photos because we deal with Dominican Republic villas ( and houses ) real estate, imagine all the photos involved. I have javascript on the page, over 45 pictures and lots of text and other code. The page takes about 7-10 seconds to load ( www.goldenkeymanagement.com ) depending on your ISP connection. If the new HTML5 does better with seo when flash is gone, I`ll add some nice transition movie ( I avoid flash ).

Collapse -
Re: SEO Load

When the Google load your web pages than it make not any difference while the page is load in 5 sec or 10 sec.

Collapse -
Load TIme

In reply to: Re: SEO Load

When page load on web it's take minimum time to open.so it's benificial for us.

Collapse -
(NT) SE wants a good user experienc, so yes

In reply to: Load TIme

Collapse -
load time is a SEO factor

Collapse -
Load time matters in SEO

In reply to: load time is a SEO factor

Even I think that from SEO point of view load time matters only when you had put unnecessary text in order to come in eyes of seo, heavy size images and video. Also, if you have created your website is in .asp or .aspx format, it would take comparatively much more time than .html or .php format.

Collapse -
yes it does

In reply to: Load time matters in SEO

google uses that for adwords quality score, so I am sure they use it for organic score as well.

Collapse -
Load time

Best way to improve the load time is to avoid the bad backlinks. Submit your site in good site and try to use less pictures in your site.

Collapse -

Nice stuff

Collapse -
Mysql Issue

1.Load can be a data base (Mysql) issue.
2.Php scripting (running too many php scripts in same time)
3.Web site optimization issue
4.Running a script which make every few seconds refresh (ex. Live chat hosted on the same server which host your own web site)
5. I recommend cashing of for part of your website (ex. tab menus)

Waiting for more opinions,

Regards,

Alex

Collapse -
Google Page Speed addon for Firefox

Try Google Page Speed addon for Firefox. It will show all the aspects of your site that influence loading time which you can easily improve. Great tool. Another one also great is ySlow by Yahoo.

Collapse -
google chrome

In reply to: Google Page Speed addon for Firefox

I can also recommend google chrome, it is not bad, and can provide some good researching tools.

Regards,

eMixt

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.