Samsung forum

General discussion

LNT5271F $3000 tv, serviced 4 times, still no resolve

What a frustrating expirience. I bought the LNT52-71f, the first tv with automotion plus, when it was new for $3000, used almost all my savings (Im in college) because the picture was mindblowing. I had my cousins and aunts and uncle's buy samsungs bcause im the tech go-to guy when it comes to electronics in the whole family. they all own samsungs now, and I believe i have made a mistake. First I had TBE but I accepted it for adopting early technology. Then I had some video problems which samsung promptly had service done on it in-home for me which was great.

Once it went out of warranty however, the problems got extreme. The whole left half of the screen is completely unwatchable for the first hour that the tv is turned on! I've had 4 services done on it for that reason and the problem is still not resolved!, samsung extended my warranty for a few more months but what good is it when the technitian says he can't fix it? He also had the audacity of telling me to TURN OFF AUTOMOTION to make the tv not have problems in the future, which is the REASON I paid a premium for the tv in the first place. All I need is WORKING automotion plus TV.

Photos of my tv after the 4th service

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. My VOC # is 3000587956

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LNT5271F $3000 tv, serviced 4 times, still no resolve
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LNT5271F $3000 tv, serviced 4 times, still no resolve
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -

In reply to: LNT5271F $3000 tv, serviced 4 times, still no resolve

thesmyster,

I'll be happy to escalate this to our ECR Department with your notes, and see if I can get someone to review your case and situation, and if something can be done.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the service department and I can't be involved in the process, so I won't have an update. Keep me posted on the progress, would you?

--HDTech

Collapse -

In reply to: LNT5271F $3000 tv, serviced 4 times, still no resolve

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I'll keep you updated. Kratos doesn't look the same on my other old crt!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!