Samsung forum

General discussion

LNT4661 HDMI dropping out

by cabits / September 6, 2008 12:16 PM PDT

I've tried posting here before but can't find my last post on this problem??? I have an LNT4661F LCD TV that I bought just over a year ago and is out of warranty and when using it in any of the three HDMI ports the TV loses the signal to whatever device is used. I have tried updating firmware, using a different HDMI cable, used different HDMI devices such as Blue Ray players, PS3, Xbox and they all do it. If the TV is used in any mode that is not using an HDMI port it works fine, no problems. I have all devices setup for 1080P which the LNT4661 is capable of. When these same devices are used on another TV they work fine. Is anyone else out there experiencing the same loss of signal from ANY device hooked up to the Samsung LNT4661 LCD TV in HDMI mode? I'm tired of it dropping out on me in everything from a great part in a movie to being captured by a cop in GTA4. How about a shout from the infamous Mr. Samsung?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LNT4661 HDMI dropping out
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LNT4661 HDMI dropping out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry if I missed the last post
by Mr__S / September 9, 2008 8:03 AM PDT

Cabits,

Infamous indeed! Happy

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to keep track of these posts. It gets a little confusing sometimes.

Have you tried a lower resolution from the source, such as 720p? Does it work then?

When it drops out, does it stay out? Or come back?

Let me know,

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
dropping out
by cabits / September 15, 2008 12:56 PM PDT

I tried using a PS3 using HDMI and played with it on 1080P, 1080I, 720P and it still dropped out. Sometimes it came back after a second or two but most times I have to turn off the power to the TV then turn it back on again and it will re-acquire the PS3 and be fine up until it drops out the next time. I'm not sure about something heating up since I have played movies over two hours long and it worked fine.

Collapse -
Not sure...
by Mr__S / September 24, 2008 2:43 PM PDT
In reply to: dropping out

Cabits,

I?m just not sure why the HDMI ports wouldn?t be able to pick up the signals ? or drop out, as you note. A service tech is your best bet if you?ve installed the Firmware updates. I wish I could give you a more conclusive answer, however, I?m unable to diagnose it.

Regards,

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
No more dropping out !!!
by zaz13 / October 6, 2008 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: dropping out

Hi, I saw your post somes weeks ago. I had exactly the same TV (samsung LNT4661) and problems. The first time I called for dropping out, they changed the tv... same model, same problem. They changed my DVD player for a samsung... everything was ok... so they decided that my tv was all right. One month ago, I changed my dvd for a blueray and bought a new home theater... guess what... dropping out started again. TV was always under a garanty so I called them again. That time, the guy was smarter... many samsung have this problem... There is only one way to stop that... change the main board. The new part is three generations away for the one I had. The part number is BN94-011199E (canadian one). The main board cost only 272$ and it take 10 minutes to change... So for only 300$ you can end your problem. This part was changed last week and no more dropping. Everything is perfect, it's like having a brand new TV. I wish this will help you too.

Collapse -
by KrackMonkey / October 8, 2008 8:47 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.