Samsung forum

General discussion

LNT4061FX/XAA: Clicking on/off, cant switch input, rainbows

by girlofwords / November 28, 2009 3:14 AM PST

Hello, there.

My Samsung 40-inch LCD is about two years old and last week began the clicking, delayed turn-on, all of that I've read about here. However, when it finally does come on, it displays rainbow vertical stripes and I cannot change the input either manually or via remote. I had Comcast here today (their tech on the phone said their cable boxes had been taking over TVs via HDMI cable) and he showed me the box works on my other TV, but my Samsung is helpless.

I'm sure part of it's the power supply issue I've read about, but I've not seen anybody talk about the rainbow stripes or the inability to change its input source. I know I'm out of warranty, so I'm going to end up paying this out of pocket. I've put in a service request through Samsung, too.

Does anybody else have a problem similar to this? Right now, I'm trying a hard reset (the TV is completely disconnected from any power supply and I'm waiting at least four hours to plug it back in), but I'm not optimistic. Thoughts?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LNT4061FX/XAA: Clicking on/off, cant switch input, rainbows
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LNT4061FX/XAA: Clicking on/off, cant switch input, rainbows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.