HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

LN55C610 TV Wireless Adapter

by khuangvic / October 6, 2010 9:23 AM PDT

Hi,

I have a Samsung LN55C610 TV from BestBuy and am looking for a wireless adapter for the TV. Is wireless adapter WIS09ABGN compatible with my TV? Does it matter where I get WIS09ABGN from? My parents in China is getting that for me and the wireless adapter in China is WIS09ABGN/XTT. Is WIS09ABGN/XTT from China compatible with my TV?

Thank you.

Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN55C610 TV Wireless Adapter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN55C610 TV Wireless Adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 6, 2010 10:59 AM PDT

khuangvic,

I've never been asked that question before. I'd suspect so, but that said, depending on the wireless standards that can vary by country, it could vary based by region.

I'll see if I can find the answer.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 7, 2010 4:11 AM PDT

khuangvic,

I'm unable to know if the XTT will work in the U.S. market. I'd be interested in hearing either way, but I'm not able to procure parts from different regions for testing.

I noted that I'd follow up, but I just don't have any definitive way of knowing.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by khuangvic / October 7, 2010 4:38 AM PDT

Would it be possible to contact the Samsung support in China to get more information on the WIS09ABGN/XTT compatibility with Samsung TVs outside of China region?

Thank you very much for your help.

Collapse -
LN55C610 TV Wireless Adapter -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 7, 2010 9:37 AM PDT

khuangvic,

Not from my end, unfortunately. You'd have to contact the Samsung customer service center in China - I have no contacts, nor do I speak the language.

It'd probably be best to purchase in the region that you'll be using it in. That's my recommendation.

--HDTech

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN compatibility
by richardhula / October 7, 2010 12:49 PM PDT

On the packaging it states compatible with:
LED TV series 2009 models B7000 & above - 2010 models C5000 & above
LCD/PDP TV series 2009 models B650 & above - 2010 models C550 & above
Blue-Ray players 2009 all models - 2010 models C5*** series

What they forgot to mention is that it works with 2009 UNxxB6000 (US model) as well - these have similar connectivity to 2009 7000 series Euro models.

Richard

Collapse -
Thanks, Richard
by khuangvic / October 8, 2010 3:03 AM PDT

Thanks for the information, Richard.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.