Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52B750 Screen Cleaner

by tjcost / November 1, 2009 2:18 AM PST

I just purchased a new LN52B750 and I am wondering what to use to clean the screen with. I have purchased the Monster screen cleaner but have been a little apprehensive to use it. I have been told only to use water to clean it with and this is also what is stated on the cleaning cloth that came with the set. I have also heard that the Monster screen cleaner works great and will not hurt or damage anything. Which one is correct? Is the Monster cleaner safe to use? I absolutely love this set and do NOT want to damage it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52B750 Screen Cleaner
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52B750 Screen Cleaner
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LN52B750 Screen Cleaner
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 1, 2009 3:39 PM PST

tjcost,

The Monster should be safe - just make sure you're gentle - particularly when cleaning the bezel (the area around the screen), and using a clean microfiber that is reserved ONLY for the television.

I've used various screen cleaning products that were designed for LCD use, and the secret - if there is one - is a gentle touch.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN52B750 Screen Cleaner
by tjcost / November 2, 2009 9:55 PM PST

Samsung_HD_Tech,

After "carefully" relaying your cleaning instructions to my wife I have another question. She cleaned the new B750 - following your instructions - but then also used my dedicated microfiber on the other Samsung LCD in the bedroom which had some bad film and streaks on the screen. Unaware of this I then used the microfiber again later on the B750 to get a few streaks that were left from the intial cleaning off of the screen. My question is - could I have transferred whatever film was on the other Samsung to my B750. I am not sure what she has been using prior to this to clean the Samsung bedroom set with and I am worried that something harmful could have been transferred to my new B750 by using the same microfiber. Would any harmful done be immediately noticeable? What should I look for?

Collapse -
LN52B750 Screen Cleaner
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2009 1:40 PM PST

tjcost,

The quick answer is that if you haven't seen anything, such as streaks that don't come off, then you're probably okay. Any damage would be immediate. The transfer of any other chemicals would have been noticable on the Ultra Clear panel, and it's most likely that even if you inspected really criticially with the panel off, you wouldn't see anything. And even if you did, once the panel is on, it would be unlikely to affect the picture quality.

But in a friendly way, I'd recommend being particular in the future. I know it's easy to use a microfiber for dusting, or window washing, and you don't want those chemicals on your panel. If you don't believe in replacing the microfiber when it gets really dirty, it would probably be okay to wash it without soap, and without dryer sheets. As a rule of thumb - because I'm just very particular, I keep the microfiber and LCD screen cleaner in its own drawer.

That said, I've seen the occasional careless seasonal (rookie) retail employee use alcohol-free glass spray (the blue stuff) for plasmas, and then use the damp rag on the LCD. I just have to grit my teeth and scream quietly in my head when I see that. Wink It leaves a bunch of streaks until you gently buff them out, which can take a bit of time.

But you can share a dedicated microfiber on more than one LCD TV if you're going to use the microfiber for the same purpose, and with the same cleaner.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!