Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52B750 - Noise when turning it on

by jarn_76 / December 27, 2009 9:28 AM PST

First I would like to say I love this TV and have had it since July or August I bought it from Futureshop with the service plan I have not contacted them on this yet i was hoping someone on hear would have some info or a Samsung tech could help...

about a month ago when i would first turn it on in the morning i would hear this buzzing noise and then a click then a few seconds later the picture would come on which seems to be taking longer since the buzzing grinding type noise started than when i first bought this TV and i have compared to the in store tv and it seems to come on right away

Now the buzz/grinding noise is happening more frequently than before like today it has done it everytime i turn the TV on

What is wrong with my TV? im sure im not the only one

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52B750 - Noise when turning it on
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52B750 - Noise when turning it on
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
no one
by jarn_76 / December 29, 2009 6:28 AM PST

Can no one offer anything on this?

There are Samsung people this forum NO?

Collapse -
jarn76
by Jammingjan / December 29, 2009 11:09 AM PST
In reply to: no one

most likely you will not get a response from Samsung concerning this issue as it seems to be ignored.
Don't know about your buzzing sound, but if you are getting the clicking and failure (starting out as longer) to turn on issue, then most likely you have the same problem that thousands of people are having as well with these Samsung TVs.
See the thread here entitled "ON OFF ISSUES"....also if this is indeed your same issue, you can Google and do a search and find MANY people with the same problem...all being put off by Samsung.
Also, there is a rather large thread about this issue over at Consumer Affairs...
see here:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/samsung_tv.html

Hopefully your issue is not the same and can be easily remedied...otherwise you will be in the same sinking boat as the rest of us, unfortunately.

Collapse -
samsung
by jarn_76 / December 30, 2009 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: jarn76

I have read about the starting issue and was begging to think it may be the issue starting but i havent read much about he buzzing noise

Samsung should stand up for there product but it sounds like they dont.. i will cal the place i bought it from as i bought the extended warranty so it better be covered and if i have more than 3 problems they will replace it or give me my money back
and if Samsung is not standing by there TV's i will be moving over to Sony
We will see what happens

Collapse -
LN52B750 - Noise when turning it on
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 30, 2009 1:29 PM PST

jarn_76,

Sorry it's taken a while to get to your post.

I agree that this doesn't appear to be normal operation. The issue can be resolved by calling the Samsung Customer Service Center in your area.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?