Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52B750 Backlight level when in WiseLink (DLNA) mode

by dimon73 / October 1, 2009 12:43 AM PDT

Is it is possible to adjust backlight level when in
WiseLink (DLNA) mode? I want to bring it down, but can't seem to do that. It looks that this option is not there for picture settings.

I have LN52B750 with the latest firmware 1012.3

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52B750 Backlight level when in WiseLink (DLNA) mode
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52B750 Backlight level when in WiseLink (DLNA) mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Any answer on that?
by dimon73 / October 5, 2009 12:27 AM PDT

Anyone?

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 7, 2009 12:27 AM PDT

dimon73,

I apologize for the delay.

You should be able to adjust your settings this way:

Start your Media (Movie, picture) press the Tools button, go down to "Picture settings", Press ENTER, Select the Picture mode you would like (Dynamic, standard, Move), and make your adjustments that way.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by dimon73 / October 7, 2009 1:39 AM PDT

Right, I've seen these setting available, but there is no option to change the actual backlight level as in any other input source (TV,PC, HDMI). I really wanted to bring it down to level 3, as I set it for other sources.
So this confirms that there is no such setting for Media Player source?
Correct?

Thanks.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 8, 2009 10:42 AM PDT

dimon73,

Yes, that is correct.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Have the same problem with Media Play 2.0
by LN52B750 / October 25, 2009 4:34 PM PDT

Hello Samsung.

I have the same problem. There are MANY adjustments one can't make while in Media Play 2.0 (and probably DLNA mode). I can't adjust the HUE or skin tone while in Media Play 2.0--I can adjust the COLOR but that's really saturation. I need to adjust the HUE/skin tone.

I know it can't be done now with the current firmware but I'm asking that you bring this to your engineers' attention. This really should be addressed in a future firmware upgrade. Again, there are lots of settings that one is able to configure when watching from other inputs, but when in Media Play 2.0, many of the settings are NOT configurable. This needs to be addressed.

Collapse -
Totally agree
by dimon73 / October 25, 2009 11:54 PM PDT

I was not even talking about other picture settings that are missing
from the Media Player source. They probably depend on the capabilities of the media player software (which is, I think, a version of mplayer, as this TV is running Linux OS). But the backlight level? That is definitely can be easily done through a simple firmware update. Just don't understand why it is not there in the first place.
So I am hoping that someone will make it happen at Samsung with future
firmware updates.

Collapse -
Importance of picture adjastments in Media Player
by dimon73 / October 26, 2009 1:44 AM PDT

Just another thought on the importance of the picture adjustments
in the media player source.
It may be underestimated, but there is a large number of people who do not really watch live TV anymore. I am one of them. Thus, we are
heavily relying on the media player capability to watch our content (DLNA or external storage).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.