General discussion

[LN52B750] Anyone figured out how to stream w/ Win 7?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to stream to my LN52B750 model TV. I've tried the Samsung media center, the 'Play To' option through Windows 7, and the Media Center in Windows 7 itself. Can't seem to get any of it to work.

Does the file need to be a certain codec? As far as I can tell I've enabled all the options necessary in 7 to be able to stream, and my computer sees the TV, but it simply won't work. Anyone had any luck?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: [LN52B750] Anyone figured out how to stream w/ Win 7?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: [LN52B750] Anyone figured out how to stream w/ Win 7?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification.

By the way I'm trying to stream a video file. Wasn't clear on that in the original post.

- Collapse -
Clarification.

Ag-E,

Is the video codec, audio codec and resolution supported for the containers listed in the manual?

--HDTech

- Collapse -

A couple of them are, yes, but on the other hand, some that are listed (such as .mkv) won't play, even though the video and audio codecs are correct (according to the manual). Tells me that media format isn't supported when I use the Play To function, but the manual says otherwise.

- Collapse -
Win 7

I did have some success recently trying out a Windows 7 machine, but the results were a bit mixed. Just using the WMP12 server, Media Center recordings (.wtv) played back well, even in correct aspect ratio - Vista MC recordings suffered from the TV's well-reported inability to detect non-square pixels. However, TV recordings from another source (.ts) came out letter-boxed!

I had some trouble at first getting it to work. Don't have the machine any more and can't remember what helped, but I think there was an issue over sharing permissions.

CNET Forums

Forum Info