Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52B750 and BD3600

I have just ordered the LN52B750, and I don't think it comes with the Linkstick adapter for wireless. I know that it can be purchased, but if I purchase the BD3600 player that does come with a linkstick, will that linkstick work on the tv?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52B750 and BD3600
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52B750 and BD3600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wireless network

In reply to: LN52B750 and BD3600

I have both the same tv and bd player. The 3600 has the network adapter with it. The TV does not. You will need another Samsung wireless adapter to get the the internet connection working on the TV or else you can run a cat5e cable to the tv, thats what i did for the tv and it works great.

Collapse -
Wireless network

In reply to: Wireless network

Thanks,
So that means that I could not just move the Linkstick back and forth as needed between the tv and the 3600? Sorry to be so dense about this, but this is my first 'adventure' with this type of technology.
As to wiring it directly to my router, that would be a major undertaking as the router is 50+ feet from the tv and that does not even take into consideration all the twists and turns to hide the cable. It would have been nice if the tv came equipped for wireless connectivity, but you can't have everything....However, I can't wait till next week when the tv will arrive! Now what do I do with the 200 pound monster this tv will replace???? Boat anchor?

Thanks for your help

Collapse -
wireless

You can move the USB dongle back and forth between components. I guess it depends on how hard it is to get at the back of the DVD player once you have it in a stand...

My old 32" is now in my bedroom. We use it ocassionaly for movies and some late night viewing. I would have donated it somewhere but my wife wanted it still.

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN

The WIS09ABGN (which is included with the BD-P3600 can be used with the supported models:

Support Models

BDP1590, BDP1600, BDP3600, HTBD1250, LN37B650T1F, LN40B650T1F, LN46B650T1F, LN52B750U1F, LN55B650T1F, PN50B650S1F, PN58B650S1F, UN40B6000VF, UN46B7000WF, UN46B7100WF, UN55B6000VF, UN55B7000WF, UN55B7100WF

Hope that helps!

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN52B750 and BD3600

Thank you all for your help...much appreciated.

By the way, I have the Harmony One and it has been great for the equipment I currently have, and would expect it to work fine with the new tv and bluray...

Collapse -
LN52B750 and BD3600

ragmopp,

Good news! Keep us posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Can the Linkstick be shared?

Could I share a single Linkstick through a USB hub that is connected to both the Bluray and LCD?

Collapse -
Can the Linkstick be shared?

In reply to: Can the Linkstick be shared?

chip_wells,

No, the LinkStick will work in one unit at a time, but not both units at the same time. This is assuming that both products are 2008 or both are 2009 products, in which case, they can share a Linkstick.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.