Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A860

by paracken / November 11, 2010 9:06 AM PST

I have LN52A860 LCD TV and I brought WIS09ABGN WIRELESS LAN ADAPTOR to connect the tv to my computer it is showing nothing.

I dont know it is not supported or what.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A860
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A860
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A few things to check.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 9:16 AM PST
In reply to: LN52A860

Be sure this is the right adapter.

Next, it's incorrect this connects to your computer. It first connects to your wifi router and then your computer might show up if there is some DLNA server software. It's all a bit complex but let's take it one step at a time.
Bob

Collapse -
LN52A860
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 11, 2010 10:13 AM PST

paracken,

The 2008 (A Series) televisions need the WIS08ABxx linkSticks. Unfortunately, production has stopped on those and the WIS09ABGN ones work only for 2009 and 2010 products at this time.

The one you have is not supported for your TV. The best I can offer is to get a wireless bridge or a gaming adapter that would allow you to connect to your televisions Ethernet port. (Pro-Tip: if you go this route, buy one from the same manufacturer as your router - then you can get assistance getting it connected without bouncing between router and bridge companies).

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I hope you can get it working correctly with that solution.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wireless Bridge
by paracken / November 12, 2010 8:14 AM PST

I dont know how the wirelees bridge going to work.
I have a plan to buy DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router and
DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter is this can help me to make network with my computer.
Is there any kind of wireless adaptor or attachement that can work on my TV or make WIS09ABGN WIRELESS LAN ADAPTOR to connect my network

Collapse -
Wireless Bridge
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 17, 2010 5:45 AM PST
In reply to: Wireless Bridge

paracken,

A different USB adapter will not work.

I suggested the bridge, since there is an option to connect with Ethernet, and a bridge would allow an Ethernet connection, since the USB is not available.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN52A860
by _jr_ / November 17, 2010 10:01 AM PST
In reply to: Wireless Bridge

I would like to point out that your TV (2008 model) does not do DLNA via WiFi. Even if you do find a 3rd party USB adapter that the TV recognizes (there have been reports on this Forum that those devices do exist), the only thing your TV can do wirelessly is InfoLink - it will get weather, news and stocks information. That's it!

If you actually want to connect your TV to your network and stream pictures and videos from your PC, Wireless bridge is your only option.

_jr_

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?