Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A750 on/off cycle

by mjks1 / May 28, 2010 5:04 AM PDT

My television LN52A750R1FXZA is a constant on/off cycle which doesn't allow me to even get a screen where I can view anything. I have read prior posts that Samsung has identified the problem and put out a firmware to address this. However since my tv is in a continuous on/off cycle there is no way for me to update anything. I have had my tv for 18 months putting my tv 6 months out of warranty. There seems to be two fixes for this one being a new power supply and the other being a new circuit board. I called the service shop that Samsung put me in contact with, but won't service my tv because its not in warranty and they have told me the power supply will run 150/200 dollars and the circuit board is roughly a thousand. This is a tough pill to swallow considering it is a problem with Samsung equipment and not something that has simply worn out.

To add to problems I had to ask the Samsung recommended repair shop where I could get my tv fixed at because they wouldn't look at it. This is a problem Samsung has been aware of since it is virtually one of the first choices of problems when filling out the service request online. I chatted with a service tech through the online chat where I just got the run around. I have posted it below. If anyone has gotten this problem fixed please let me know the part number and type.

Rose: Hello, I am a Samsung Technical Support representative. How may I assist you today?

##: I have a question regarding my television repair. The service shop that sumsung suggested for my repair isn't even going to look at my tv because it is no longer under warranty

##: why did they even have this shop contact me if they knew that my television isn't under warranty

Rose: Let me know the complete model number of the TV.

##: LN52A750R1FXZA

##: service ticket number was ####

Rose: Let me check.

##: i also have researched my tv's problem online to find a bunch of others having the same problem. my tv is out of warranty by only a few months and they are reporting the problem as either a power supply or circuit board replacement

##: this is bothersome because a new circuit board for my tv is roughly 1,000 dollars which is scarey because that is half the price of my tv

Rose: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Rose: There is no such issue reported with the Samsung.

##: samsung has identified this as a routine problem and has put out a firmware update to fix it but because i never updated my tv now i have to pay for the repair after my tv is 6 months out of warranty?

##: I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your television turning off. We have a firmware update that addresses this. You can find that information and direction on how to update your television at the following link. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_nm=LN52A750R1F&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=FM&vType=L&prd_ia_cd=02010100&disp_nm=LN52A 750 If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. --HDTech

Rose: Let me check.

Rose: Thanks for holding.

##: any good news

Rose: I will be right with you.

Rose: There are few similar complaints with this model not all the TV's have the same problem, so we have released a firmware to resolve this issue.

Rose: If you have the same issue, you can go ahead and update the firmware.

Rose: So that the issue can be resolved.

##: the problem is my tv is in a constant on/off cycle which allows me to do absolutely nothing. this is why i haven't done a firmware update

Rose: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Rose: As the TV is turning on and off continuously, you are not able to upgrade the firmware I can understand.

Rose: So, once you file a service request, service technician will diagnose the issue and will fix it accordingly.

##: now we are back to square one. the service tech assigned by samsung won't look at my tv because it is out of warranty. which was the very first post in our chat

##: is there anyway for me to get a warranty extension so he will look at it

Rose: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Rose: I suggest you to contact the phone support so that they can file a service request for you and can give the details of the service center.

Rose: And warranty cannot be extended.

##: i have the details of the service center and the service center has contacted me informing me they can't service my tv because it is out of warranty

Rose: I will be right with you.

Rose: I can understand I suggest you to contact them again as once the service center is assigned they have to get the device serviced.

##: so i should contact samsung or the repair shop

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A750 on/off cycle
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A750 on/off cycle
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My LN52A750R1FXZA
by carwatt / June 1, 2010 12:30 AM PDT
In reply to: LN52A750 on/off cycle

I am having the very same issue! Mine is about the same age as yours!

Collapse -
This is typical for
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 1, 2010 12:39 AM PDT

Out of warranty repairs. Look at laptops, mp3 players and more and what you can guess the repair will run is about 50 per cent of the purchase price. Unless you are very lucky.

Sorry to read another post like this.
Bob

Collapse -
LN52A750R1FXZA is in a constant on/off cycle
by carwatt / June 1, 2010 12:55 AM PDT

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Peter'

Peter: Hello, I am a Samsung Technical Support representative. How may I assist you today?

Peter: We have not heard from you. Do you wish to continue the chat?

Carrie: LN52A750R1FXZA is in a constant on/off cycle

Peter: Is the TV connect to a direct power outlet (with out any power strip)?

Carrie: No

Peter: Sometimes if there is any loose connection or if the surge is not working the issue may persist. So trying a power outlet directly can help us.

Peter: Please try connecting the Television directly to the power outlet and check.

Carrie: ok, one moment

Peter: Sure, please go ahead.

Carrie: No, that did not work

Carrie: CNET - Woman with same issue -

Carrie: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3312234&tag=forum-w;forums06#3312234

Peter: Let me know the serial number of your TV

Carrie: where is it located?

Carrie: ALB73CFQ500895P

Peter: Thanks

Peter: Samsung has decided to cover the repair for a few TVs with power issues on case to case basis. Please call Samsung Customer Service at: 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) 9 AM to 9 PM, EST so that we can file a service request on your behalf

Carrie: Is this an issue with these models?

Carrie: Hello???

Peter: We had some reported issue from Customers and Samsung is verifying the issue

Carrie: Okay, Thank You!

Peter: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Carrie: That will be all for now, have a good day.

Carrie: Carrie

Collapse -
Samsung class action lawsuit
by mjks1 / June 3, 2010 4:20 AM PDT

There is lawfirm collecting information on a class action lawsuit in regards to problems with Samsung LCD Televisions. Normally I wouldn't mess with this but I'm so upset with the way that Samsung has dealt with me I submitted my information. I don't see how Samsung can identify a problem with there equipment that it requires a firmware update but tell me there is no problem.

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/defects/samsung-lcd.htm

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?