Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A750 Firmware 1012.2 Update

by chaza1 / November 30, 2008 11:36 PM PST

Mr. Samsung,

I just purchased a LN52A750 that came with firmware 1010.2 loaded. I know Samsung recommends against updating the firmware unless you are having issues. I am not having any (awesome TV!) so I'm not inclined to update.

However, the 1012.2 description of 'prevention: The TV will turn off and on continuously' has me thinking I should. I've seen a post of someone having this issue with fw 1010.2 and they had to get the motherboard replaced. So my question is, is this error caused by the firmware errors alone or does it stop the power cycling when this underlying hardware issue occurs? I'm wondering if with 1012.2 you would still need a service call for the hardware issue but the TV would at least not power cycle. Please advise on if I should update. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A750 Firmware 1012.2 Update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A750 Firmware 1012.2 Update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Firmware is recommended when necessary
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 5, 2008 9:28 AM PST

Chazar1,

If you're not experiencing any issues, I would not recommend updating either. Not updating won't cause physical harm to your television set, but updating probably won't hurt the unit.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend NOT doing it, either. There are often some improvements; however, if your set is calibrated, all of those calibrations will go away, as the unit will default to the factory settings on the firmware update. So you may have to retune your television. But it won't hurt it. It will install either way, but not necessarily address a problem that you're having.

Also, only update from the Samsung site that pertains to your country, for instance, U.S. sets from Samsung.com, and Canadian sets from Samsung.ca

I hope that helps, and I apologize for the delayed response. I missed your post somehow, and I regret the oversight.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Is Firmware version 9999 a good candidate for upgrade
by jooyoungkim / February 9, 2009 3:59 AM PST

Hi

I have a ln52a750 and had to call in for a factory service on the warranty because the TV developed the problem of automatically turning on, turning off and recycling repeatedly. I had a version 9999 firmware. The repair tech ended up replacing the motherboard which came with the latest firmware, since on ln51a750 the firmware upgrade menu option becomes inaccessible to the customer once this problem is encountered. Would you recommend customers with firmware version 9999 to upgrade?

Collapse -
Yes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 9, 2009 6:05 PM PST

jooyoungkim,

Simply upgrade as normal like you would.

After the upgrade, the correct firmware should be displayed.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?