Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A650 to power on by receiver

by foobrt / August 5, 2010 2:51 AM PDT

I would like to have my Samsung tv switch on when the processor powers on. I would like to use anynet+ (hdmi-cec) for that, but have sofar not being able to make this work. The processor is a PR-SC5507. hdmi-cec is enable on both systems. Also of interest to note is that I can get it to work the other way around. Processor switches on when tv is switched on. I'm having the TV's HDMI1 connected to the main out of the processor.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A650 to power on by receiver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A650 to power on by receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TV power on
by jw650 / August 5, 2010 4:46 AM PDT

When used with a Samsung DVD or HT, the TV does not switch on automatically with the source device, but it does come on if a DVD Play command is issued.

Normally, the TV must enter the Anynet+ menu to power on the DVD/HT. It's possible your receiver is smart enough to detect when the TV is powered on. Maybe it can be programmed to send a "TV on" command as well.

Collapse -
Settings?
by foobrt / August 5, 2010 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: TV power on

So the tv has two anynet+ settings, First is to enable anynet+, 2nd to send poweron.
For this to work (lets assume I have a Samsung DVD player), How should the tv be configured for it to automatically switch on if the dvd player plays a disc.

Thanks

Collapse -
Settings?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 5, 2010 8:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Settings?

foobrt,

Both the DVD player and TV should have Anynet+ enabled, and be connected with HDMI 1.3 or higher cables. Are those requirements met?

--HDTech

Collapse -
anynet+ on
by foobrt / August 5, 2010 9:01 AM PDT

But should the tv in addition also have the sending of power on enabled? Or only just anynet+ enabled.
There are basically 8 combinations. Since there are two on the tv and only one on the signal source.
Thanks

Collapse -
anynet+ on
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 5, 2010 3:03 PM PDT
In reply to: anynet+ on

foobrt,

It should if it's directly connected to the television via HDMI. The Onkyo receiver you listed likely doesn't have the Anynet+ function, and that signal may not be passed through correctly as a result.

My guess is that it *might* work if the receiver was already powered on, but would *probably not* work if the receiver is off. But even then, Anynet+ requires that the units be directly connected to Anynet+ enabled devices via HDMI to properly function with those control features.

--HDTech

Collapse -
TV power on
by jw650 / August 5, 2010 7:15 PM PDT

The TV just needs to have Anynet+ enabled.

The "power-on" command is issued through the Anynet+ menu.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.