Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A650 HELP!!!!

by gameds / September 17, 2009 12:52 AM PDT

Hello everyone,
In November of last year, I bought a nice LN52A650 LCD TV. All this time I was very happy with my purchase until about 1 month ago.
One day my sister was watching TV, all of the sudden a circle, no bigger than a penny appeared on the screen. I thought some pixels went bad, but then looking at the TV closer I was able to see a small crack inside. So, my sister called Samsung and a service appointment was scheduled.
So, everything was going fine, the TV repair guy took some pictures, and told us "I have never seen anything like that". Then, he said that the pictures will be sent to Samsung and we should expect a call from them.
Well, that call never came. My sister called again, and Customer Service told her that it was physical damage. My sister explained to the CS Rep that it is impossible since she was just watching TV, the TV does not even have 1 small scratch (not even in the base, back or anything), and only 26+ years adult in the house. Well, the rep offer that a case manager could assist her further, and that we should expect a call within 76 hours. Well, that call never came.
Today, I tried calling Samsung again. I asked to be connected to a case manager, and the CS Rep said they don't take incoming calls. The CS Rep told me that the case was closed with a final resolution of physical damage. So I kept asking her to connect me to a case manager but she refused. Then she went on with the excuse that she shouldn't even be speaking to me since my sister was the one on file with this case!!! Then she said that my TV was not under warranty, that the warranty expired on July!!! (And I can prove this with a store receipt and my AmEx statement). Why is Samsung playing games?
So, what am I supposed to do now? A case manager won't return my calls. Samsung has been stalling for a month now, and I refuse to let this go since this was a $2000+ TV. I'd appreciate if someone could give me some advice on how to proceed before this becomes a legal battle?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A650 HELP!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A650 HELP!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LN52A650 HELP!!!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 17, 2009 5:21 AM PDT
In reply to: LN52A650 HELP!!!!

gameds,

The only recommendation I can make is to call 800-SAMSUNG and have your case escalated to the Executive Consumer Relations Department. I can't suggest what will happen, but they are able to make those decisions.

--HDTech

Collapse -
so nothing else I can do?
by gameds / September 17, 2009 6:18 AM PDT

Thanks for the response. I will give a try again, let's see if they actually connect me to some one in that department. This is frustrating as I do have a job and I can't keep calling, and waiting on the phone every day.

Collapse -
so nothing else I can do?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 18, 2009 7:00 PM PDT

gameds,

I completely understand, and I apologize that this hasn't been easier. Tell you what: Do what you said you're going to do, and *also* post your transaction number here (4001xxxxx or 2001xxxxxx or similar style number) and I'll try from my end also.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thanks
by gameds / September 21, 2009 3:41 AM PDT

So my ticket number is 4005414195, and thanks for the help!

Collapse -
thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 25, 2009 7:48 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

gameds,

I'm sorry for the delay, but I wanted to follow up to let you know that I have sent a request for your case to be reviewed today.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same issue here
by rb5000 / October 4, 2009 9:48 AM PDT

Will like to know how you made out with this issue. I have a similar issue developed just today with a 2 inch black circle at the bottom right corner of my screen. No cracks in this case. I have just started to see what can be done. I wonder how much a new screen will cost.

Collapse -
To fix details for a LN52A650
by rb5000 / October 17, 2009 6:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issue here

For the answers for any do-it your self types who is out of warranty..
You can get a pdf of the service manual on line for around $20, which will show you what you are in for. If you are up for the challenge.
A typical panel cost around $1300, so it is not normally worth fixing. But digging around I got a new one for half that price on line.
You then need a large area with foam pads on the table top to lay both the tv and the screens down on. I used the kitchen floor and my back is letting me know about it... Now for the pile of screws and moving the two circuit boards. All in the service manual..
One issue I found is on the TCON/FRCM module on the new screen, there wasn't a heat sink on the large chip that is exposed through the RF shield. I was able to wiggle the one off the module on the old panel and stick it on the new one. It is stuck on with what looks like double sided tape. If I knew this ahead of time, I may have just got the extra heat sink on hand.
Now after getting every thing back together it is like new. I now have more time to save for one of those new LED back lighted models.

Collapse -
thx
by gameds / October 19, 2009 12:58 AM PDT

thx for the info...im still waiting to see what samsung has to say, going to the BBB and some other agencies...but one thing is for sure...never will deal with samsung again

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.