Samsung forum

General discussion

LN52A650 ?

by Lawdawg14 / December 9, 2008 1:20 AM PST

I am trying to buy this TV, and will only do so at Best Buy (I have a credit line there already). I went to my local Best Buy the other day and they said it was on back order for online purchases in my area and they do not seem to carry many in the store. My question is, are they still producing many of these? What is the general amount of time before they will be available again?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN52A650 ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN52A650 ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Retailer Distributiobn
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2008 7:11 AM PST
In reply to: LN52A650 ?

There is no backorder from the manfacturing standpoint.

I did log on and notice that they are available online, so it may be a regional issue.

I have no idea when they'll have them in the stores, as each retailer has their own distribution system set up. The salesperson, I would think, would be able to tell you, but you can always order it online as well.

They are being produced.

--HDTech

Collapse -
My experience...
by ClippySr / December 9, 2008 9:27 PM PST
In reply to: Retailer Distributiobn

I went to the local Best Buy on a Saturday evening. They didn't have the LN52A650 in the store, but were able to order it and get one in that same week. I chose to pick it up from the store myself, so I got mine that Thursday. If I had chosen to have it delivered, it would have been dropped off on Saturday.

So 5-7 days in my neck of the woods (Raleigh/Cary, NC). YMMV

Collapse -
Thanks
by Lawdawg14 / December 10, 2008 5:27 AM PST
In reply to: My experience...

They are available online now in my area (Tulsa, OK). How big is this TV box included. I have a truck and I am trying to see if it will fit.

Thanks

Collapse -
Too big for a 4Runner
by ClippySr / December 10, 2008 8:00 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

A quick Google search turned this up on Ciao's web site...

Dimensions & weight (shipping)
Width (Shipping): 54.7 in
Depth (Shipping): 16.7 in
Height (Shipping): 39.3 in
Weight (Shipping): 97.4 lbs

Collapse -
No camper shells....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 10, 2008 8:26 AM PST
In reply to: Too big for a 4Runner

Unless you have a really tall camper shell, a regular pickup truck or a delivery truck will probably be the best way to go.

I can't tell you how many people I've seen at my local retailer trying to jam this into a Jeep Liberty or a Toyota RAV4 to no avail.

General consumer consideration: The LAST thing you want to do is lay the panel down on its side, as that could damage the unit inside the box. That goes for all makes, models and manufacturers of plasmas and LCDs.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.