Samsung forum

General discussion

LN46C670 stuck on Internet TV disclaimer statement loop

by pwalde / November 19, 2010 10:38 PM PST

just hooked up a LN46C670 from BestBuy.com, wired to home router and "passed" connected to internet test onscreen, However when I push the iTV button the screen grays and a long "disclaimer statement" appears, press the AGREE button , says "loading" then the "diswclaimer statement" appears, I AGREE again. No matter how many times I AGREE it keeps looping back. If I exit and try to navigate to settings, or samsung apps, it won't go there. I did an online software update successfully, still does looping back to disclaimer. I did a factory rest to original Firmware and reinstalled update, same result. Anyone else get and solve this

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN46C670 stuck on Internet TV disclaimer statement loop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN46C670 stuck on Internet TV disclaimer statement loop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 22, 2010 5:15 AM PST

pwalde,

Have you tried hitting "Don't Accept" and restarting it and then choosing "Accept"?

It sounds like a glitch - but one that should have been taken care of with a software update. The other variable is that a router setting may be denying it, but I wouldn't know where to start with that. If you want to eliminate the router variable, connect the TV straight to the modem via Ethernet and see if you can launch the Internet@TV that way.

I haven't seen this at all, but if you can't get it working, let's get a technician out to you to see what can be done to fix this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by pwalde / November 22, 2010 8:49 PM PST

I had originally tried to do connect with the Samsung wireless USB adapter I bought with TV, it passed all the network tests EXCEPT "connected to Internet", Access Point may be to far away (slow speed). So I got a CAT5e ethernet cable and connected from Belkin Router to ethernet port on back of LN46C670. It passed ALL tests and "said" it is connected to internet, BUT still fails to accept AGREE in dialog box. Is there a way to erase firmware updates and set back to "shipped firmware" version and start from scratch? My ISP (Comcast) is coming out today to check cable and connections. If it still doesn't work it has to be TV.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 23, 2010 4:25 PM PST

pwalde,

I would agree with your assessment if the reset doesn't work.

To reset the TV, power it on.
Press and hold the EXIT button on the remote for 15-20 seconds
It should prompted you to: "Reset?" Click YES.

The TV will guide you through the Plug and Play option, and you should choose HOME Mode (not Store Mode).

Once you're set up, you should be able to plug in the LinkStick (WIS09ABGN) and it should detect that you've attached a device. Choose Wired, and then go through the setup to choose your access point.

Once connected, give it a minute, check for firmware updates, and if you're in the clear, then try to launch the Internet@TV option.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?