General discussion

LN46C630 Network

Hi,
I can't watch video from my PC to my TV.
I connected the TV to my computer with a cross-over cable.
I can see my computer in the DLNA sources on the TV.
I downloaded the program Samsung PC Share Manager, version 4.2 (but it might be for Windows Vista).
I have Windows 7 home premium.
In the Samsunf PC Share Manager, I chose a directory containing videos to be share.
But when I tried to watch a videos on my TV, it says no file ...
Can you help me, please?
Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LN46C630 Network
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN46C630 Network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not all video files are supported.

Since you got no file, it might be there are no supported files there. NOW before we start, all this has been discussed before. I'll not respond to the old questions but skip to the end of the discussion or solutions.

1. Encode the media in supported formats. (If you ask which I refer you to the web and manual.)
2. Try other DLNA servers that transcode on the fly. Google DLNA PC SERVERS to find them.

That's the SHORT and quick answer. The longer discussion is best done over the phone with others that have setup other servers and learned to encode their files for use with this server.
Bob

- Collapse -
Partially resolve

Hi,

I had to allow access in the program PC Share manager.
I can play videos, but the TV keeps loosing the network connection.

- Collapse -
Networking over wifi

Is known to to do that for many reasons. We have a top post in the CNET NETWORKING FORUM for Samsung owners.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info