General discussion

LN46B650 Resolution issue.

I have a Samsung LN46B650. When i am watching tv the info says it is in 720 x 480. The picture does not fit to the screen and it wont let me select the options to "wide fit" or "screen fit". I am watching HD via a HDMI cord. When i switch to the xbox source its in the 1920 x 1080 and it fits to the screen. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LN46B650 Resolution issue.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN46B650 Resolution issue.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tell a little more.

You told that the HD is via a HDMI cord but what is on the other end of that cord. One end goes the the Samsung LN46B650 and the other goes to what?

- Collapse -
More info

The other end goes into my DVR/box(ATT Uverse)

- Collapse -
1080 not working

Try playing with options on you DVR box. I had the same problem where my TV was only playing 780.. I played with my DVR box and found a setting on there and turned on 1080.. Now keep in mind that NOT all HD channels display 1080, some may only be 780..

Hope this helps and good luck !

CNET Forums

Forum Info