General discussion

LN46B640 Flickering white dots sometime/ pixel problems?

Hello All,

I just received a new Samsung Ln46B640 a week ago and after spending some time playing around with the TV I have a couple of questions/ concerns and wondered if anyone else was having these issues, had a way to correct them or if i should just return the tv.

Here are my concerns:

1) Sometimes when watching HD programs with dark backgrounds ie, SNL skits with real dark and real light scenes at the same time the black or dark parts of the screen will have white dots flashing almost like snow. The pixels are not always the same so I do not think/hope it is not bad pixels.

2) Sometimes when watching something like a 60 Minutes interview I will notice a small area (4 pixels) of discoloration that is always the same in a certain shot. However, the same area will be fine in a different shot or a different show. Is it possible this is just a camera issue?

My setup is the LN46B40 hooked up to a Comcast Scientific Atlantic cable box via hdmi. I have set the cable box to the proper HD outputs.

I would love to hear anyone's opinions or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LN46B640 Flickering white dots sometime/ pixel problems?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN46B640 Flickering white dots sometime/ pixel problems?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums