General discussion

LN46A850 screen problem

I have a Samsung LN46A850 LCD tv, and for the past few months, whenever I turn the unit on, there is a vertical blue line on the right side of the screen. It goes away when the set warms up, but it shouldn't be there at all. I have tried changing HDMI cables from my cable box, but the lines are there when nothing is hooked up to the tv. Any suggestions are gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LN46A850 screen problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN46A850 screen problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LN46A850 screen problem

bjewell99,

I would recommend having the unit serviced.

If you're still under the warranty period, you can call 800-SAMSUNG and schedule a repair.

If you're less than three months past the 12-month warranty period, you may be able to register your product online and get an additional three months for free.

You can do that by registering here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/mysamsung/product/myssMyProductRegist2.do

Once you've done that, call back and see if you can set up a service then.

If you're past the 12 months and the additional three months, I'd still recommend having it inspected, but it will be an out of pocket expense.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
LN46A850 Screen Problem

Thanks. I will have to wait and live with it until I can afford to have it looked at by a professional. I was afraid it would be something I can't fix. Thank you for your assistance.

CNET Forums