Samsung forum

General discussion

ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south america

by roarenas / November 26, 2009 11:56 PM PST

On monday 11/23/209 i bougth my ln46a850 before go to the store i connect to my local web page support (Chile) and i download the manual for read the features compared with sony... on the manual appear something very cool, between others infolink and dnla, but after buy and power on in my house, .... nothing about infolink... it don't appear on the menu... the funtion of dnla work great with my iomega ix2... I try to find if some new firmware are online, but no luky anyware.. and my local services answer i must go with my 46" tv to service office, because the upgrade must be made by samsung technicals.... dam.. so why the tv have usb port and the USER manual appear upgrade procedure....

Some one know why the infolink come dsable... with the last version of the manual come with funfares...
who i can enable.

Thansk

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south america
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south america
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south america
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2009 4:09 PM PST

roarenas,

Are you connecting the television to the Internet - or are those capabilities possible in your region? I can only speak for U.S. products, so unfortunately, I don't have an answer for products in your specific region. The best I can recommend is to contact the Samsung customer service center in your region.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: re: ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south am
by roarenas / November 28, 2009 11:12 AM PST

Dear HDTech,

I connect my tv to internet... actually i connect my tv to my local network on home, and yes my network it's connected to internet.

About the U.S. products, my tv it's from U.S. or that i suspect beacuse when i set the time zone, appear U.S. to select central time or so on...

About conntact local service... well as i put on my post, the solution that my local support answer was i must go with my 46"tv to the support office...

Again.. you can answer three question i hope...

1.- How i know the firmware version on the tv?
2.- Where i can obtain the right firmware if my local support still answer that i must go with the tv to his office.... you know that was no easy.
3.- If local support don't answer in the right way, is some world support email?

thanks

Collapse -
re: re: ln46a850 don't come with infolink enable on south am
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2009 11:38 AM PST

roarenas,

There's a model sticker code behind the right side of the television if you're facing the panel that looks like this:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/Modelcode.jpg

If you can give me all the information, I can tell you if your model is a U.S. model.

1. Prior to installing the update, it will tell you what the new firmware will be, and which firmware the new one will replace.
2. Some regions may only have the firmware available to technicians, so I'm not sure what to suggest.
3. I'm not aware of global email address that would handle regional service concerns.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!