General discussion

LN46A75 - Samsung DLP

My TV seems stuck in a constant loop of powering on until the musical sound starts, then immediately turning it self off. The only to stop it is to unplug it. If I plug it back in, it immediately starts up with the power on/power off thing happening over and over...I've tried to reset it, spoke to a Samsung Tech online, however, no resolution. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LN46A75 - Samsung DLP
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN46A75 - Samsung DLP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LN46A75 - Samsung DLP

krepich,

Have you tried reseating the lamp? Unscrew the housing, pull it out a few inches, and slide it firmly back into place? Often times, this can fix that issue.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Follow-up Question

Great advice, thank you. In order to access the lamp/bulb, am I to assume I have to unscrew the back panel. That's a lot of screws so I just want to make sure before I start that project.

- Collapse -
Only 4 screws

It should only be a maximum of four screws for the lamp housing.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Reseating the Lamp in a LN46A75

I've unscrewed the housing, now I'm staring at the back of the TV and can't seem to figure out where the lamp is or how I'm supposed to reseat it. This has been a suggestion to me as a possible fix to the fact that my tv is in a constant loop of turning itself on and off. The only remedy is to unplug it.

- Collapse -
Reseating the Lamp in a LN46A75

CNET Forums