Samsung forum

General discussion

LN46A650 Viewing Angle

by ln46a6502008 / December 29, 2008 2:22 AM PST

Hello,

My LN456A650 from what I seen has a very poor viewing angle. If I sit right in front of the T.V the picture quality is amazing, however, if I sit slightly off center say to the left in line with the bezel the center and right side of the screen gets brighter and same goes for the opposite, sitting to the right in line with the bezel the center and left of the screen gets brighter. I thought with this set the viewing angles were 178/178 degrees? Looking on AVS forums there are others that have this issue as well. If this is the way the LN46A650 is as well as other LCDs why is it advertised with a 178/178 degree viewing angle when you cannot even move your head 12inches to the left or right without the picture changing?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN46A650 Viewing Angle
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN46A650 Viewing Angle
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
viewing angle
by amesiaman / December 29, 2008 10:04 AM PST
In reply to: LN46A650 Viewing Angle

check to see what letter you have in back pannel after model#. Letter A or C or S

Collapse -
Model #
by ln46a6502008 / December 29, 2008 2:08 PM PST
In reply to: viewing angle

The panel model is SS04.

Collapse -
does not apply
by washburn27 / January 4, 2009 2:51 AM PST
In reply to: viewing angle

The S, A, C panel switch doesn't apply to 650 series and above, AFAIK.
Only 630 and anything below can have the inferior A and C panels.

Collapse -
Seating...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 29, 2008 2:22 PM PST
In reply to: LN46A650 Viewing Angle

If your panel isn't giving you the proper viewing angles, it may require a service call. It's likely a light or panel issue, in which case, both can be fixed relatively easily.

--HDTech

Collapse -
poor viewing angle
by md442 / January 3, 2009 6:38 AM PST
In reply to: Seating...

I purchased a Samsung LN22A450C1D about 6 months ago and have had this problem from the beginning. If you are not straight on, eyelevel, the screen darkens to where it is not viewable. I have tried adjusting the picture many times and it hardly helps. I have recently inquired about this and have found it to be a common problem. I even saw this in the stores with this particular tv. Is this a fixable issue and what should I do?

Collapse -
Viewing angle.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2009 7:43 AM PST
In reply to: poor viewing angle

If you're experience a poor viewing angle, it may be that the LCD isn't correctly functioning.

I'd give 800-SAMSUNG a call and explain your problem; see if you can get a technician come to fix that remedy. Those units are supposed to have a wide viewing angle, and if you're not happy, we may be able to fix it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
poor viewing angle solved
by md442 / February 20, 2009 9:07 PM PST
In reply to: Viewing angle.

After I took my LN22A450C1D back to the place where I purchased it, I was told that this particular model was "older technology" and that there was nothing I could do. Unfortunately I believed them. I just purchased it 6 months ago but with a discount because it was an older model - about $600. Now the same model or similar (new) is much less. Since I have no other option but to live with this "older technology", I invested in a wall mount bracket (about 60 bucks). This can swivel in all directions including downward.

I do not know, nor do I care about the fine details of LCD technology, I, like most people, want to watch tv/movies with a nice picture. Today, if I were purchasing a new tv I would have a better one for less money, but I think I solved the problem for 60 bucks not to mention, It looks great on the wall. Now I like that old Samsung.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?