Samsung forum

General discussion

LN40B650 Reviews - Should I Purchase?

by Closet A / March 16, 2009 7:41 AM PDT

I have not purchased a TV in 15 years and need some feedback on the LN40B650. The size fits our small family room. We do a few movies now and then, but mostly just watch cable shows and local networks stuff. I do like to watch UCONN BB and some golf.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN40B650 Reviews - Should I Purchase?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN40B650 Reviews - Should I Purchase?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LN40B650 Reviews - Should I Purchase?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 16, 2009 11:19 AM PDT

Closet A,

It's one of the newest televisions on the market. I hope someone can come in and give a great review for it, but we're counting on it to be a very popular television this year.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to help!

--HDTech

Collapse -
just got one
by ralphjarmon / April 18, 2009 1:45 PM PDT

I just got it and pretty much have the same channel selection as you and in my case, I want to watch the Lakers play B ball. It's a fanstastic TV and excellent value for the money. HD looks like 3D. I'd be hard put to find a better quality TV for near the price. You will not regret buying this TV, but feel like you made a smart choice. The sooner you get it the sooner you will enjoy its great picture. The sound is fine. I have no problems hearing words clearly at 1/3 of it's capabilty.

Collapse -
ln40b650
by sam rhodes / April 19, 2009 12:22 AM PDT

I am not sure what the diff is between ln40a and ln40b...dec 08 we decided to purchase a ln40a630 vs a ln40a650. Our main deciding factor was the matte finish screen on the 630. if you plan to view this tv in a room that has windows that you leave uncovered during the daylight hours i strongly suggest a matte finish screen to eliminate the glare. We are very pleased with the picture and the sound of the ln40a630. We also purchased a hl61a750 (rear proj dlp)and are so very satisfied with samsung's product quality and value. We researched extensively and made our choices carefully and really enjoy watching all sports on both sets. good luck!!!

Collapse -
LN40B650
by barjan689 / June 28, 2009 8:43 AM PDT

Buy it. I compared it to a Sony KDL40V5100 and bought the Samsung. I hooked it up to my cable box with an HDMI cable. All I can say is wow. The best picture I have ever seen on an LCD (100,000 to 1 dynamic ratio helps).

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!