General discussion

LN40A550P3F power problem

My LN40A550P3F tv is having a power problem. I have read about the power supply on these televisions going bad because capacitors on the power supply board have blown. The tv is 14 months old, so I am no longer under warranty. Is Samsung fixing this problem, since I have seen numerous threads about this same issue? Clearly there's a problem here! Help...

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LN40A550P3F power problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN40A550P3F power problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If you read this forum,

You will find you can register at samsung.com, get 3 more months warranty and even out of warranty you call 1-800-SAMSUNG to see what can be done.

It appears you missed out on the prior posts but all I suggest is you register to get your extra 3 months then call in.
Bob

- Collapse -
LN40A550P3F

Thanks, Bob. Any idea how I can get that extended warranty? I've spent the past two hours on their website, and talked to a live chat service person, and there does not appear to be any way to purchase 3 month extended warranty if you are not a current warranty holder. My only option appears to be a service request, which when I tried to put through, indicated that a service technician (from another state!!) who will charge me for time, labor and parts. Nice customer service from Samsung. not.

- Collapse -
No further purchase required.

Register your product at samsung.com. That's it.

If you keep looking in this forum you'll see that advice.
Bob

- Collapse -
LN40A550P3F

msltdloctober,

Here's where you can register your product

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/regist

And then once that's done, you can call 800-SAMSUNG, mention that you registered for the extended warranty, and they may be able to assist.

I'm sorry you're having a problem with your unit, but perhaps this can help.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info