Samsung forum

General discussion

LN32A330J1D revision or version s06/audio and video stutter

by skyhawk21 / February 1, 2009 1:55 PM PST

Well like everyone else with different models and revisions, went to walmart got a lovely Samsung LN32A330J1D manufactured january 2009 and purchased same month at local walmart(i know.. Silly ) anyhow worked fine first couple of days, and now not only with the dreaded audio drops and issue, My video either has noise in the digital channels with the audio issur and or also the video just blacks out or does the noise, then audio issue randomly on all digital channels. does not happen on analog or xbox360 via hdmi. digital cable is plugged directly into tv. I personally checked all cable connections in house and main lines and splitters and all connectors I did myself with professional crimping tools over and over and still get the issue..

FUNNY thing got a cheapo best buy dynex lcd 19" screen in bedroom and it never has issues with the digital stations UNLESS cable company having issues. so when audio/video drop outs occur tv in bedroom fine not experienceing it..

THIS SUCKS butt because its a very nice tv, great screen, speakers that are built in are pretty decent. but why have a tv that cant tune digital channels in correctly and work?

tried the manual reset the whole tv trick and i tdont work. if it was the cable coming in it would be a ongoing issue all the time but its the tv, so do i return or exchange back at walmart? have a tech come out? is there a firmware that will fix the audio issue for my set that was manufactured this year that will fix it? or am i scrwed? thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN32A330J1D revision or version s06/audio and video stutter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN32A330J1D revision or version s06/audio and video stutter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
bump
by skyhawk21 / February 2, 2009 11:32 AM PST

bump bump anyone please help its getting worse and worse cant watch tv

Collapse -
Cable
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 2, 2009 2:09 PM PST
In reply to: bump

skyhawk21,

I'm not sure why this is happening with just your cable. If it was the television, the other peripherals would have the same issue. It may either be a bad tuner (replacable) or the signal isn't properly grounded to that specific outlet.

I don't know what the return policy is, and I can't speak for the retailers. However, we do cover our products with a one year warranty via 800-SAMSUNG.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
firmware
by skyhawk21 / February 2, 2009 6:11 PM PST
In reply to: Cable

anyway I could get a newer firmware for my tv set? I have 1005 version compiled nov 2008, maybe send me a firmware fix for this audio issue?

Collapse -
No newer firmware..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 4, 2009 2:08 PM PST
In reply to: firmware

There is no newer firmware that I could find for your model

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!