General discussion

LN-T4661FX Picture comes on...Then goes off....

I have a LN-T4661FX and the other day I turned it on after about half a second the tv made a funny buzz noise and then the picture went completely black, but the sound remained on and perfectly fine. I did some research and found many others with this same problem. So i turned it off and unplugged it for a day came back it worked fine then this morning same thing happened. I am way out of warranty and would like to know how to get it fixed or repaired my local repair men at two places told me a minimum of $700 dollars....if thats the case this TV that was supposed to last me a very long time lasted me less than 2 years.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: LN-T4661FX Picture comes on...Then goes off....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LN-T4661FX Picture comes on...Then goes off....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LN-T4661FX Picture comes on...Then goes off....

dakcole24,

Is this with just the cable/sat box, or does this symptom happen on all inputs?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
re

no cable or sat box at all only antenna. And it happens right when you turn the power on NOT switching inputs

- Collapse -
re

dakcole24,

Well, unfortunately, it does sound like the TV is the cause of the symptom, although if you've spoken with other techs in your area, they would likely have a better idea. It may be that the power supply needs to be replaced, but without looking at the unit, I'm unable to say what the problem would be.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
yeah

yeah kinda figured that much everyone in and around Samsung seems to have the same words and phrases in their vocabulary, but when it comes to spending money for their parts after you buy their equipment they could care less.....funny I really wish we would stop selling them for our company. I know i already have for this reason. Cause every tech i talk to about my TV says i might as well throw the TV away cause its worthless. They don't know where to start on the parts or which ones to fix because so many things go wrong after you fix one part on these models. they said it would be cheaper to buy a new one but not a Samsung.

CNET Forums

Forum Info